9 Responses To Questions Every Family Member Will Ask This Summer
Summer Break

9 Responses To Questions Every Family Member Will Ask This Summer Break

Your family means well, but that doesn't mean the constant questioning doesn't get annoying after a while.

74

We all know that families are well-meaning and they just want the best for you. But, every single family gathering you can't help but want to pull your hair out. Why? Because your family won't stop bugging you about your relationship status, college and your future. So when your family starts hounding you with questions, there are a few responses that you should keep in your back pocket just in case.

"When are you getting a job?"

Just remember to add in "eventually" so it keeps things open-ended for the next time they see you.

"Are you in a relationship?"

If you're in a relationship that's great! If you're like me, you're sick of hearing this question. Thanks for the reminder that I'm still single, grandma. I love you, too.

"When are you going to get married?"

Families love marriages. When one isn't likely to come around the corner, they start turning to the remaining single people to quickly get hitched. But no, I'm not engaged. Or even in a relationship, for that matter.

"When are you gonna have kids?"

Everyone wants to know who's gonna have the next kid in the family and you're old enough now to be included in that group. But no, kids are not coming from here any time soon.

"How's school going?"

School sucks. I've been told by so many people that college was great and honestly, what school did they go to and what did they major in? Because all I'm getting here is that college sucks.

"What's your major again?"

It's still the same thing that I told you at Christmas and the summer before and the Christmas before that and the summer before that. I'm glad I could keep you updated, though.

"What are your plans once you graduate?"

We know what we'd like to have a plan set in concrete from the beginning, but you can't just make things happen. Whatever is supposed to happen, will happen. We'll figure it out so stop stressing us out about it in the meantime.

"What have you been up to?"

Either A: you really haven't done anything or B: you just got drunk last night not that you're gonna tell your grandma that. She would be so disappointed.

"What are you drinking?"

I'm 21. I can drink, and I'm going to do so at my discretion when it's appropriate. That just happens to be at every single family event.