9 Criteria You Probably Fit If You Have An Old Soul

Are you "beyond your age"?

329
pexels.com

For as long as I can remember, people have told me that I think and act beyond my age or have an "old soul." I never really knew what that meant. I mean, how am I different from any other teenager? I make mistakes, stay out late, and live freely.

But, perhaps they're right. Here are 9 indicators I may have an "old soul", and maybe some signs you do too!

1. You're the go-to person for advice

Whether your friends are having a quarter life crisis or simply debating whether or not they should stay in and study or hit up the party, you always seem to be the one they turn to.

2. You're an avid reader

As much you enjoy a night out, you have no problem snuggling up and reading a good book.

3. You're passionate about learning

You love to learn. Although lecture may bore you, when you find interest in something, you dive deep into it and always look to learn more about it.

4. You're a great listener

In addition to learning about subject matter, you love learning about people and their experiences.

5. You're your greatest teacher

As much as you learn from others, you are ultimately your greatest teacher. You understand that you are not perfect and that you make mistakes, but you learn from your mistakes rather than dwell in regret.

6. You have an appreciation for "older" music

Your playlist isn't filled with the hottest hits of today. Rather, it's filled with Rock, Alternative, or even Jazz bands. At the very least, you have to have a throwbacks track.

7. You have a favorite cheesy saying

You seem to always say classical, yet cheesy things like, "great minds think alike" and "get your ducks in a row."

8. You're introspective

You think a lot, and easily get lost in your many thoughts.

9. You look at the bigger picture

You tend to think long-term, not short-term. You invest time in people and things that make you happy and don't waste your time with the insignificant things in life, and don't have an issue letting these things go.