8 Things I'd Rather Spend $1000 On Than The iPhone X

There are much better ways to allocate your money.

142
Apple

Apple just announced their newest iPhone model: the iPhone X (cue the angels singing). This phone sounds cool and all, but the price is... well, ridiculous. $999 for just a phone?! Who would pay that?

Well, here are a few things that I would rather spend that money on.

1. A new pair of skates

Skates aren't cheap. A brand new pair of Edeas would last me a lot longer than some piece of technology that will be outdated within a year, or even a few months.

2. College

Education is more important than a phone. Period. I can get through school just fine with my old iPhone 7.

3. A trip home to see my family

Hell, I could probably afford two trips with that kind of money.

4. Groceries

I'm a broke college student. I need all of the money I can get, and half of it goes to food. If I'm going to splurge, it's usually to treat myself to Chipotle or get some extra sweet potato noodles at the grocery store.

5. Gas for my truck

Driving back and forth to Ann Arbor for skating lessons takes up a lot of gas, especially in my old truck. I can't even imagine how far I could go if I had $999 for gas.

6. Textbooks for at least two years

I'm so sick of paying for textbooks that I'll never read again. I'm not going to waste that money on a phone.

7. Five things from lululemon

If I'm going to drop $1000, I may as well look good doing it. Lululemon clothes are going to be way more durable than this supposedly "unbreakable" glass.

8. Two iPhone 7's

My boyfriend and I could have matching phones for around the same price. Isn't that ridiculous?