7 Thoughts Every U of A Sorority Girl Has When it Rains

If you don't hate rain, are you even a sorority girl?

19
123rf.com/profile_zurijeta

*trying to get to class during a monsoon*

Freshmen find the concept of excessive rain in the desert very confusing, but for U of A veterans, the summer monsoons are no surprise. Even though expected, one is never fully prepared for what could be called the Tucson Hurricane. Girls especially hate rain, but sorority girls? We despise it. Here are a few thoughts going through a sorority girl’s head on a rainy Tucson day.

1. What should I wear? I always find it hard to decide if I want to wear Nikes or Rainbows. On one hand, Rainbows turn the bottom of your feet brown when they get wet, but then again, do I really want to sit for a whole hour of class with soppy, moist feet? Such a struggle. (Girl tip: if you know anything about anything, DO NOT wear Tory’s in the rain. The water will ruin the leather. If it happens to start randomly raining while you’re in class already wearing your Tory’s, go barefoot).     

2. Why did I not bring my Hunter rain boots to school? Seriously, why? I always think when packing for school, “Hey I won’t need these, they just take up too much room.” No. Just no. Bring them; you will want them for days like these when the streets turn into running rivers of gross brown water.   

3. Does anyone love me enough to drive me to class? Walking to class doesn’t even seem like an option at this point, so now I will go to my sorority’s Facebook page and plead for someone to give me ride. Will it happen? More than likely, no. Is it worth a try? Absolutely.   

4. Wait, where is my umbrella? The chances of knowing exactly where your umbrella is on a day that it's pouring are extremely low. It seems like a recurring trend. Why didn’t I put it in a memorable spot the last time it rained so that future me would find it with ease? I guess I could go buy one at the bookstore, but what will keep me dry on my way there? Again, such a struggle.   

5. Ugh, my hair/my make up/my life. Well, no umbrella and no ride, so I guess I’m going to have to brave it outdoors. But what about my face!? And my hair?! Now all I can think is “Ew, my hair is so going to get so frizzy. I’m definitely going to have an Afro,” or, “My make up is going to run down my face. Why me?”   

6. FML. At this point, I’m just so over it. All the cons of the rain are outweighing the pros, I can’t even handle it. Rain sucks and I’m not cut out for this monsoon life.  

7. Okay, well this seems like a fair enough reason to skip class all together. You have searched out every option and the only logical thing to do is just not leave your house. Seriously, my professors will understand, right? I mean, they can’t expect all of us to own canoes, can they? Does Lyft offer boat services? No. Well, I tried my best. Maybe the rain will clear up by tomorrow. But until then, I’m going to cuddle up on the couch with my sisters and watch Grey’s Anatomy.