7 Things You Know To Be True If You're From Murray County, Georgia

A small town where everybody knows everybody.

217

We all know Murray County, Georgia is a very small town. It's a place with little to do and everybody knows everybody. Here is a list of seven things you know to be true if you're from Murray County.

1. Friday Night Lights

High school football is a big deal for us. Every Friday night the stadiums are filled with students, parents, grandparents, and fans screaming and cheering for their home team. There's just something about the proud support for the teams that brings everyone together.

2. Murray vs. North Murray

Ever since North Murray came into existence in 2009, Murray County has seen its biggest rivalry yet. Whenever there is a game of Indians verses Mountaineers, the stadium is always packed out. Of course everyone tries to keep it as friendly as possible.

3. Ingle's Market

Chances are you have either worked at, currently work at, or know somebody that works at Ingle's. I know 15 people that work there now, no joke. It's a popular place to work at for high school and college students.

4. The "Beach"

If you ever hear anybody say "I'm going to the beach," you automatically know that they mean they're going to the lake on Fort Mountain. It's also possible they will stop at an overlook on their way up the mountain.

5. The Crave

Ever since its arrival, The Crave has been a very popular spot for everyone to go for a sweet treat. A frozen yogurt shop in a great location is sure to lead to popularity.

6. Chatsworth Park

Chatsworth Park is a popular place especially during the summer time. Need prom or senior pictures? The park is a great choice.The fountain is certainly the most popular background for pictures.

7. Chief Vann House

More than likely everybody went on at least one field trip to the Chief Vann House. The trip included visiting the museum, watching a video, and touring the house. Shout out to Mr. T Howard for taking my class in 8th grade.

I'm sure anybody from Murray County can relate to almost all of these. I'm proud to be from my small town, and I hope nothing ever changes about it.