7 Important 'One Tree Hill' Quotes Everyone Needs To Know

I don't want to be anything other than me.

1584
One Tree Hill

"One Tree Hill" has become a cultural phenomenon over the past decade. With a theme song representing being yourself, it is evident that "One Tree Hill" is filled with important life lessons and quotes that can make a huge impact on it's viewers. Here, I present to you, my top seven quotes from one of my favorite shows.

1. “I feel like people get lost when they think of happiness as a destination. We’re always thinking that someday we’ll be happy- that we’ll get that car or that job or that person in our lives that will fix everything. But happiness is a mood. And it’s a condition. Not a destination. It’s like being tired or hungry. It’s not permanent. It comes and goes. And that’s OK. And I feel like if people thought of it that way they’d find happiness a lot more often.” – Julian Baker

2. “It’s the oldest story in the world; one day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you really ever noticing, someday is today, and then someday is yesterday, and this is your life.” – Nathan Scott

3. “You can choose to blame your circumstances on fate or bad luck or bad choices. Or you can fight back. Things aren’t always going to be fair in the real world. That’s just the way it is. But for the most part, you get what you give. The rest of your life is being shaped right now. With the dreams you chase, the choices you make, and the person you decide to be. The rest of your life is a long time. And the rest of your life starts right now.” – Haley James Scott

4. "Sometimes I think we waste our words, and we waste our moments, and we don't take the time to say the things that are in our hearts when we have the chance." - Clay Evans

5. “Now is the time for all of us to become the people we have always dreamed of being. This is your world. You’re here. You matter. The world is waiting.” – Haley James Scott

6. “At the end of the day you are who you are. And it’s probably who you’ve always been.” – Brooke Davis

7. “Life is short and opportunities are rare and we have to be vigilant in protecting them and not only the opportunities to succeed but the opportunity to laugh, to see the enchantment, and to live. Because life doesn’t owe us anything. In fact, I think we owe something to the world.” – Haley James Scott

Bonus: "Goodnight Tree Hill."

“It’s the oldest story in the world; one day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today, and then someday is yesterday, and this is your life. We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing. But ambition is good. Chasing things with integrity is good. Dreaming. If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it. Do it. Don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever. Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want. Everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where your next miracle is going to come from; the next memory, the next smile, the next wish come true. But if you believe that it’s right around the corner, and you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it, you just might get the thing you’re wishing for. The world is full of magic; you just have to believe in it. So make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now believe in it, with all your heart.” – "One Tree Hill" cast