6 Tips For Shopping On Black Friday

6 Tips For Shopping On Black Friday

How to get everything you need on Black Friday

52
6 Tips For Shopping On Black Friday

Black Friday has gotten more and more popular in recent years. People line up in front of stores for hours just to get a chance to shop the latest deals. I have put together some tips for shopping on Black Friday. And remember, be nice to the sales associates, be safe, and have fun.

1. Don't Go Alone

Black Friday is known for its large, and sometimes aggressive, crowds. To help navigate through the chaos of shopping on Black Friday, it's ideal to bring a friend or even better a group of friends. The past two years I've gone Black Friday shopping, I've gone in groups of 5 or 6. This was the perfect number for me because we were a large enough group where we could break up into two groups if needed, but when together, we were small enough to keep track of each other. Shopping is better with friends anyways!

2. Know What You Want

Make a list of everything you hope to buy and list them by priority. This means what you "need" to buy goes first, and what you want goes lower down the list. Examples of this would be Christmas gifts at number one, clothes you would wear to work or school at number two, and then the more luxury items like a cute sweater for yourself at number three. Remember to be specific when making your list. If you're buying Christmas gifts, your list should include the specific item or items you want to buy for each person.

Check this out: For winter fashion inspiration check out this video!

3. Make a budget.. and stick to it

Now that you know what you're going to buy, you need to figure out how much you are willing to spend. Be sure to factor in some excess money for tax and some splurge money. However, it is one thing to make a budget, it is another thing to stick to it. When shopping, remember your budget and if what you're about to buy keeps you in the budget. If not, is it really worth it, or are you just buying it simply because it's Black Friday?

4. Have a Plan

What stores do you need to go to to get what you need? Which stores have the best deals? Which stores do you want to go to the most and which ones do you want to spend the most time in? Taking all of these factors into consideration, make a plan for what stores you go to and in what order you go to them on Black Friday.

5. Read the Fine Print

Black Friday is known for its insanely cheap deals. It's safe to assume that most stores will offer products at discounted prices, however those discounts may only apply if you spend X amount of dollars first. For example, a sign might read "$25 OFF ENTIRE PURCHASE" in huge letters but underneath in a small font read, "On purchases $75 or more." Many stores may also have a no return or exchanges policy. Make sure what you're buying is exactly what you want.

6. Be Prepared

Chances are if you're planning to shop on Black Friday, you're planning to shop for at least a couple hours. That being said, one important thing is to "pack" for the night. A water bottle, reusable bag, any coupons you may have, are all great things to bring along. You also might want to bring your own coffee, because just like the lines in the stores, the lines in the surrounding coffee shops will most likely be long too.

GOOD LUCK!