5 Stores Essential To Stepping Up Your Summer Look

Do we have money to spend on more clothes? No. Are we going to spend money anyway? Absolutely.

68
Mackenzie Engram

As this school year came to a close, I realized that I seriously needed to go shopping. Okay, maybe "needed" is too strong a word. I wanted to go shopping, and badly. However, my usual stores were not cutting it for me. Through trial and error, I finally found 5 stores that never fail my shopping needs; here they are:

1. Shein

Shein is an online-only store that boasts $1 deals, tops for $5 or less, and bathing suit sets for $7 and up. The kicker? Shein ships from China, meaning it could possibly take two weeks for your order to arrive on your front step.

Keep an eye out for: the super inexpensive swimsuits! These run small, though, so be sure to size up.

2. DressUp Boutique

This awesome boutique, which has 19 locations across the Southeast, is super trendy with an affordable price tag. If you don't live in the Southeast, fear not! Their website is just as good as their physical store; more often than not, their newest arrivals will be made available online first.

Keep an eye out for: their trendy tops and dresses.

3. American Eagle and Aerie

American Eagle and Aerie can be pricey at times, but Aerie's swim collection and American Eagle's denim is enough to keep me coming back. Another selling point: both Aerie and American Eagle have underwear deals that rival Victoria's Secret-- make of that what you will.

Keep an eye out for: denim, denim, denim! This is a great place to get a new pair of cutoffs.

4. Target

Other than being a place where you walk in with money and walk out with several home goods you don't need, Target has seriously stepped up their fashion game recently. New brands seem to appear every time I walk in there, and don't even get me started on their amazing shoe selection. If there wasn't a reason to go to Target before, there definitely is now.

Keep an eye out for: the shoes! So many of them look much more expensive than they actually are (how's $20 sound?) and there's a giant selection.

5. Lulus

For every formal event I've ever attended, Lulus has been there for me to offer a ridiculously large selection of any dress I could ever ask for. Long, short, cocktail, sundress: you name it, they've got it. It's #weddingszn, people! This is the perfect place to get a dress if you're going to be a guest of a happy couple this summer.

Keep an eye out for: the cocktail dresses. There are so many options; seriously, SO many.