5 Must See Movies For 2017

5 Must See Movies For 2017

The 5 Movies You Can't Miss This Year!

10
5 Must See Movies For 2017
RawScience.tv

There are many movies that came out so far this year (and late 2016) but there are some that stood out to me more than others. From brilliant kids movies to dramatic stories of tragic pasts, there's already so much to talk about in the movie world and these five in particular stood out to me.

1. Hidden Figures

This film goes first because it's perhaps one of the most important films of the year to see. I loved the message of women empowerment it sent out, especially to the younger generations. It's amazing to see what the three women, played by Janelle Monae, Octavia Spencer, and Taraji P. Henson, in the film were able to accomplish at NASA, especially with being African American in a time where the country was still segregated in many areas. I am grateful this movie was made because otherwise, sadly, I may have never known their incredible story. Please catch this before it leaves theaters! It'll certainly get nominated for Oscar season, which is greatly deserved!

2. Moana

This lighthearted wonderful movie about a young girl from Hawaii on a mission to save her home is quite possibly the best Disney movie of all time. With the help of Lin-Manuel Miranda’s enchanting music and lyrics, this movie sang its way to the top of the box office. The fact that there is no love story brought the focus onto Moana’s love of family and love of her heritage. It's wonderful to have a young woman take charge for change and with the help of her sidekick, Maui, is able to prove that everyone’s voice is important. "Moana" came out in late 2016 but has been so popular that it is still in theaters. It won't be for that much longer so please take the time to go see it! Great for parents and kids alike!

3. La La Land

The movie with perhaps the most hype I've seen since the reboot of the Star Wars franchise. "La La Land" was a movie I had been dying to see for so long and when I finally saw it I was afraid there would be such a high expectation on my part that I wouldn't love the film. My fear quickly dissipated when the opening scene began to play. It was absolutely fantastic and wonderful. The music is enchanting and immediately catches your attention. As we meet the main characters, played by Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, you begin to fall in love with the film. Their on-screen chemistry is unbelievable and makes their love feel real. There is an old Hollywood-meets-new Hollywood feel and it is absolutely lovely. This one is a must see! As it has won awards for best actor, actress, and best picture for a musical or comedy at the Golden Globes, this one is bound to do well at the Oscars!

4. Sing!

This one is also a late 2016 pick but also a great one. "Sing!" was a highly anticipated kids film and it delivered on the hilarious entertainment promised. It's a lesson to the younger kids (and adults too) that no matter who you are, your voice matters and you should never let your fears prevent you from attaining your dream. You can be from any background or walk of life and still achieve your goals. No one or thing can stop you, you just have to believe in yourself. Your age also doesn't matter, you can always attain your dream even if you're older in life. These are all lessons this movie teaches through dancing and singing animals. It's wonderful that these lessons are taught onto kids and parents because I think these lessons are important no matter the age. It's funny and important for all, which makes "Sing!" important to see in my book!

5. Manchester By The Sea

This is the last, but certainly not least, movie on the list. This film was by far one of the best dramas I have seen in a long time. I was ready to cry going to the theater to view the film and cry I did. A dramatic tale of a man who loses his brother to disease and has to take care of his nephew turns into a reflection of the past tragic events that changed this mans life. Without spoiling anything, this man, played by Casey Affleck, has to finally face his demons and decide if he can truly move on. A story of true human emotions, this is a must see film this season. Any film that provokes genuine emotion is important, so this makes the list for sure. Bring tissues and high expectations!