5 Sweet and Healthy Holiday Recipes

I have a major sweet tooth and the holidays are often the time of year where my healthy eating habits go astray. I love indulging in holiday goodies and having "healthy-ish" options that allow me to enjoy yummy sweets without feeling gross after eating them is the best. Here are five ~healthy~ holiday dessert recipes to try this year!

1. Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles

Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles

iheartvegetables.com

Bite-sized desserts are always the best during the holidays because it's easier to have a little bit of everything. Plus, you don't get as full when they're all bite-sized desserts, right? These dark chocolate avocado truffles are perfect to get your chocolate fix this holiday season!

2. Vegan Pumpkin Dip

Vegan Pumpkin Dip

iheartvegetables.com

I LOVE pumpkin. I'm not talking just the basic pumpkin spice latte kind of love, I'm talking I love pumpkin in just about every recipe. This vegan pumpkin dip is not only easy to make but so delicious and the perfect dish to bring to any holiday party to snack on!

3. Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

iheartvegetables.com

Okay, I know I said I really love pumpkin, but I love chocolate just as much – if not a little more. These cookies combine two great flavors that warm your heart during the holidays without making you sick to your stomach. I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies all year round and this recipe is no exception!

4. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Healthier Oatmeal Cookies

iheartvegetables.com

Unpopular opinion, but I love a good oatmeal cookie! There is something so comforting and tasty about them that just can't be beat. These oatmeal cookies are lighter and "healthy-ish" by using coconut sugar, coconut oil, and whole wheat flour. Definitely a delicious, easy cookie to make for the holidays or any time of the year!

5. Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles

These chocolate peppermint truffles are exactly what I think of when I think of holiday desserts. I love the simplicity of them with only five ingredients and no baking necessary! Many truffle desserts can be really heavy with cream cheese – these are made with low-fat cream cheese and coconut oil to keep things light, so you get the satisfying flavors without the heaviness! Bring these to your holiday party and impress your friends with how tasty & simple these truffles are.

I hope you enjoy one of these ~healthy-ish~ dessert recipes this holiday season. And more importantly, enjoy the holiday season with your loved ones!