5 Emotions College Seniors Feel During Their Last Spring Break

If the weather is anything less than perfect, I will lose my mind.
171

It is officially going to be my last spring break as a college senior in less than a week.

I will be the first to admit that it is a rough reality to accept. No more guaranteed breaks from work and stress. No more trips or fun activities with friends or family. No more putting my life on hold for a week because I can, so I will.

I know that I am not the only one feeling the reality sink in as spring break approaches, though. So, here’s to all my fellow college seniors who may or may not have realized that they are starting their last spring break, and are feeling the following five emotions that come with it.

1. Panic

Will we ever experience another break again? Will we ever be able to spend extended time relaxing with our friends somewhere warm, whether on a vacation or in our own backyards? Since when did we become adults with responsibilities?

2. Disbelief

Did we not just finish spring break during our freshman year? I swear that it is only my second semester of college and I do not have to have my future planned out. Simpler times …

3. Dread

It is officially our last spring break or vacation as students. From here on out, we may have vacation days, but there is no guarantee that they will be consistent. Also, we will never again experience the relief when midterms are over and we can head home.

4. Nervous

If the weather is anything less than perfect, I will lose my mind. I need spring break more than anything else in the world right now. Everything has to go according to plan.

5. Excited

Even though it’s the beginning of the end, there is still plenty to look forward to. After all, I have never done a spring break trip with a friend, so this time next week, I’ll be living the dream with my roommate in Punta Cana.