5 Books To Put On Your Summer Reading List

Time to relax with a good book.

10
bookthug.ca

We have been waiting for summer since last summer and now that it is finally here, it is time to do all the things that we have been saying we would do once it is summer. And now that it is finally summer, it is time to kick back, relax, and enjoy a good book—preferably one that would be perfect for summer.

1. 'Thirteen Reasons Why' by Jay Asher

If you have already watched the first season on Netflix, but have not read the book, now is the time. The Netflix series has recently been renewed for a second season, so right now would be the perfect time to read the novel.

2. 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' by Jonathan Safran Foer

If you are a mystery fan this one is for you. Told from the point-of-view of nine-year-old Oskar Schell as he searches through the five boroughs of New York City trying to find the lock to the key he found in his father’s bedroom closet. It is a feel-good book just perfect for the summer time.

3. 'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparks

…or any Nicholas Sparks novel, if I am being honest. Nothing says summer like a typical, cheesy, tear-jerking, but beautiful romance novel. And this Nicholas Sparks novel has got it all.

4. 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee

This American classic is one of those that should be read over and over and over again. The famous novel is one of those books that the juice from every page, paragraph, sentence, and word could be squeezed until there was nothing left.

5. 'Once and For All' by Sarah Dessen

As Dessen’s newest novel, Once and For All is about Louna who helps brides plan their perfect day, but has ironically given up on happily ever after ever since her first love ended tragically, but girl-magnet Ambrose is not just ready to give up on her yet. Just like Nicholas Sparks, any Sarah Dessen novel is perfect for the summer.