Things Going Through My Head Since Being Home From College

5 Things College Students Think When They're Home For The Summer

I guess this is why it is called "the greatest four years of our lives."

134

When I was in high school, I would count down the months, weeks, days, minutes, and seconds until it was finally summer. I thought that it would be like that my whole life. Summer means no school, no homework, no studying, and no tests. What could be better? This is how I felt until I finished my freshman year of college. Now that I am home, all I want is to be back at school. I am already sick of catching up on Netflix shows. I am bored of relaxing. Who would have thought that a drained teenage girl from a busy school year could be bored of relaxing? Here are five things that have gone through my mind since I have been home from college.

Home cooked meals have never tasted better.

Home cooked meal

giphy.com

One staple to most peoples freshman year of college is the classic dorm food. I think on a scale of gross to repulsive, my dorms dining hall broke the scale for crappy dorm food. It got to the point where I had to get creative every day by finding things to eat. Bad dorm food made me appreciate a home cooked meal that I would constantly complain about in high school. I am no master chef junior (trust me my specialty is reheating leftovers), but I am really enjoying cooking myself different meals.

Why was I never this bored in high school?

Bored

giphy.com

I swear when I was in high school, over the summer I loved to just sit and watch tv. I could do it for hours upon end. Now after being in college and being home for maybe 48 hours, I was sick of laying in bed and watching Netflix. I know, it is crazy to hear that because one would think after a long year of hard classes that all I would want is to watch tv. All I want is something to do so I don't have to sit in bed all day and find something new to watch.

I wish I could run to my friends' dorm rooms at 2 a.m. 

Run to friends

giphy.com

Hands down, the best part of living in the dorms is being able to go to your friends' rooms at any hour of the day. Running around the dorm at the latest hours and laughing your ass off is one of the best parts of college. From ordering pizza and cheesy bread at midnight to watching all the classic childhood movies to screaming about who knows what, these are some of the most memorable times of being in college. Now that I am home, the only rooms I can run to is my brothers and parents. To my family, sorry but it just isn't the same without living down the hall from my amazing best friends.

I always looked forward to summer until now.

Sad summer

giphy.com

Like I mentioned earlier, summer is already so boring and I am struggling to find things to do when I am not at work. One thing I miss is always having something to do. There is always something going on, and when you think there is not, your friends are always right across the hall from you.

I would rather wake up early for class than early for work.

Wake up early

giphy.com

This one is shocking to me. When I have to wake up at 8:30 a.m. for work, I swear I can barely get out of bed. When I had to wake up at 8:30 a.m. for class, I would jump out of bed, and head to class with all the energy in the world.

If you can't tell, I really miss being at school. My freshman year was one of the best of my life, and it only makes me more excited to go back to school. Yes, I do have a countdown on my phone and yes I check it every day. My mom always told me that college will be the best four years of my life. After one year, I truly see why. When I am there I can't wipe my smile off my face and when I am home for break, all I can do is think about being back at school. Only two months, 24 days, 22 hours, 21 minutes, and 56 seconds until I am back at the school I love.