3 Things 2020 Taught Me

3 Things 2020 Taught Me

Although 2020 was a horrible year, it was also the year that taught me the most. From how to love myself to learning how to set boundaries on things 2020 was pretty successful in the sense of lessons learned. This past year was definitely more downs than ups but sometimes that is what you need in order to grow.

12
Happy New Year - Free image on Pixabay

Although I learned many things on TikTok, here are 3 more serious things I learned in 2020 (but don't get me wrong, whenever I need to find something out or learn a life hack, I go to TikTok!).

You do not have to look a certain way or be a certain size in order to love yourself. 

2020 was a hard year for everyone. I learned that the one constant I had was myself and really the only thing could control was how I loved myself. So, I did self care everyday I didn't need a reason. I also learned to love myself completly not only when I look my best but also when I feel my worst.

Treat yourself!

2020 was a crazy year and you made it through so all the reason more to treat yourself! There is nothing to be ashamed of for buying yourself gifts. Whether its your favorite Starbucks drink or that pair of shoes you have been wanting, do it you won't regret it!

The only thing you have control over is yourself. 

With so many unknowns it became clear to me that the only thing could control this year was myself, my emotions and my actions. I couldn't help if someone wasn't wearing a mask and going to parties but I could control what I did. Once I came to terms with that the only person I can control was myself, I was so much more at ease and calm in comparison to trying to worrying about everyone else as well as myself.