The First Semester Of College, As Described By 'How I Met Your Mother'

When your neighbors are being obnoxious the night before your 8 AM.

65

College is a time where we are all learning to manage being on our own and going to school. Between the amount of homework, the jobs we have and the other struggles that come with being a college student, it can be stressful, especially during the first semester.

When I’m stressed, I like to cuddle up and watch How I Met Your Mother, laughing at the adventures of Marshall, Lily, Ted, Robin and Barney. However, after watching the series a few times, I have seen just how much the first semester of college can apply to the struggles of the gang. So wait for it no longer, because this list is about to be legend..wait for it…dary.

1. When you have 3 papers to write due the next day, but you still want to go out with your friends.

2. When your professor gives you a huge project due the day you come back from Thanksgiving Break.

3. When you order pizza, escaping the horrible cafeteria food for one night.

4. When you are only an hour through your three-hour class.

5. When that one person asks a question that leads to a long boring discussion that will be on the final.

6. When your neighbors are being obnoxious the night before your 8 AM.

7. When you are sleep deprived and confused.

8. When you have a midterm at 8 AM.

9. When you see your exam grade for your hardest class.

10. When you believe you don’t have to study to pass the class.

11. When you are so stressed you don’t know what to think.

12. When the semester is finally over.

College definitely has its ups and downs, and sometimes we as college students want to know that somebody understands. Seeing that no matter what, the gang always perseveres and Ted finds his girl, in the end, gives me hope that I too will make it through the struggles college has for me and come out stronger.

So if you need a break from it all, take a half hour and watch the characters of HIMYM continue to be awesome. You may not think it's true right now, but reader, you too are awesome and deserve a self-five for making it this far.