Report this Content
We all know at least one person who is a fan of anime in our friend groups. That person who is known to saying of few of their favorite words in Japanese like Kawaii, Baka, and etc when talking to friends, who reads manga in the library, has figures and plushies of their favorite characters.
Before we go into the signs of being addicted to anime, first let's answer the question of what is anime? Anime is described as animation or cartoons that are made in Japan. There are many people who love anime and even some go as far as being called otakus which are people who are obsessed with the anime and manga fandom.
Here is a list of thirteen signs that you are addicted to watching anime and close to being a full-on otaku.
1. You have bookshelves dedicated to Manga
2. You love to cosplay
3. You have a playlist on your phone of anime openings
4. You start learning Japanese, so you dont need to read subtitles
5. Use words and phrases in Japanese when conversing
6. Collect many plushies and figures
7. Can binge watch anime all night
8. Going through an emotional roller-coaster when your favorite anime ends
9. You love Japan and the culture
10. Have many clothes with your favorite anime characters
11. Go to conventions
12. Learn more from anime characters then people
13. When you meet someone who likes anime just as much as you, it's an overwhelming joy
14. Crunchyroll is your Netflix
15. Fangirling/ Fanboying over anime characters
16. Proud of being an otaku
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.