The Big Comfy Couch was one of the best TV shows of our childhood. Way before clowns were running through the neighborhoods looking to hurt people, our TV shows made clowns seem lovable and fun. The Big Comfy Couch was on the air from 1992-2006 so many of us grew up with Loonette the Clown and her doll friend, Molly. Here are 12 reasons why 'The Big Comfy Couch' was a great part of our childhood.
1. The theme song was classic
I can still sing all the words at 20 years old.
2. Molly’s thought bubbles were the best and relatable
3. The clock stretches
I was that child who got on the floor and did Loonette's exact moves
4. Important life lessons were taught
5. Fuzzy and Wuzzy, the dust bunnies who were so cute. You're lying if you say you didn't want one as a pet
6. Loonette's reading glasses made glasses so much cooler
7. The random things she pulled out of her couch were entertaining
8. The Molly Dolly was owned by mostly every kid growing up
9. Her clean up time was equally as magical as Mary Poppins'
10. Loonette's dance moves though...
11. Loonette was played by the same girl for 10 years before someone else took over but the audience didn't notice which adds on to the greatness of the show
12. The other characters were just as great as Loonette and MollyFamily, Granny Garbanzo, Snicklefritz, Auntie Macassar, Major Bedhead, Uncle Chester, and Wobbly, just to name a few.
This show was truly so simple but brought so much happiness to the lives of the kid's who watched it. Thank you Big Comfy Couch for being such a great part of my childhood.