10 Ways To Trick Yourself, Others Into Believing That You Have Your Life Together

Adulting 101.

14
Human Inference

You know, sometimes life is hard. We all have many things to do, and sometimes it seems like we can't do them all. When I get really busy, I tend to turn into a mess, and that freaks people out. If you relate to this problem, I have compiled a handy list of things you can do to trick yourself and others into thinking you are a put together, organized person. Because actually getting your life together is too hard.

1. Wear lots of makeup or use lots of beauty products

Successful people look good, apparently. Wearing makeup/beauty products gives the illusion that you have much money and time to apply these products because of all your success. So you an feel successful by looking successful.

2. Organize your email into folders/labeled sections

I mean, you get so many important emails from important people that you have no choice but to organize them into folders. Because you're so important.

3. Buy a cup of coffee at the beginning of the day

Caffeine promotes productivity. Even if you are just going to watch TV all day, people will see you buy that coffee int he morning and will just assume that you're going places.

4. Make lists of things that need to be done

This may stress you out, but at least you will feel organized and like you have a handle on your responsibilities.

5. Buy a planner

This is the first step to actually organizing things.

6. Wake up early

I don't know why this one works. Waking up early is the worst, and is usually pointless and fruitless. However, when other people hear that you woke up early, they just immediately think you have so much to do and you get so much done. So if you start to wake up early, maybe you will start to feel successful as well.

7. Coordinate your outfits

See the reason why wearing makeup/beauty products makes you feel put together.

8. Block out times during the day to exercise

The only way this one will make you feel successful is if you tell everyone when and how much you're going to exercise. It doesn't matter if you actually exercise or not. The mere act of telling people that you had the idea to maybe exercise will immediately make you feel like a healthy and organized person.

9. Make a budget plan

Again, this one only works if you tell everyone that you're starting to organize your finances. If you make a plan, you're that much closer to finding fiscal responsibility. However, this list is to only help you think you're organized and put together. Actually following the plan is your prerogative

10. Tell people you have a 5 year plan

Except when they ask, awkwardly change the subject or run away. I am only giving tips on deceiving yourself and others into thinking you're put together. Actually having a 5 year plan? You don't need that yet.