Life before college was different and, growing up in a small minority area on the outskirts of a big city, transitioning to Arizona State University flipped my world upside down.
Regardless of whether we go to the same school or not, you are sure to find someone wearing these:
1. Literally, everyone owns a hydro flask.
I understand the appeal - you can put ice in that insulated bottle, centuries will pass and you'll cheer from your grave as a ghost because yes, it is still cold.
2. You can put Redbubble stickers on everything.
The more you order, the bigger the discount and it's hard to resist temptation.
3. Nike Shorts — more like norts.
You sleep in them. You work out in them. You live in them - I know.
4. Birkenstocks because they Birken-rock.
They're comfortable, I get it.
5. You have Beats? ME TOO. They're wireless.
Student discount because, like, me too.
6. That one girl who whips out her Mac and starts typing loudly.
Lo and behold because no other efficient and lightweight laptop exists in this world.
7. I have eighteen pairs of the same black leggings.
I live in them too, so no judgment here.
8. You get a free tee! You get a free tee! We all get a free tee!
I have more t-shirts that were thrust in my direction rather than actual clothing.
9. Have you reached your 10,000 steps today?
Probably not, but Fitbits are cool to sport - get it?
10. Girl Scout Cookies because Samoas and Thin Mints.
They tempt you with their $5 cookies and you can't even say you don't have cash because they take credit now. Yup, these little entrepreneurs are finessing and you'll probably find three of them on your way back to your dorm.
I finished writing this list and my hydro flask is still cold.