10 Reasons Chrissy Teigen Embodies Everything I Want to Be

She is, quite literally, everything a role model should be.

95
Flickr

If you don't know who Chrissy Teigen is, what alternate universe are you living in?

Chrissy Teigen is not only a model, TV host, cook, writer, amazing wife to John Legend, mother of their beautiful daughter Luna Stephens, but an overall amazing person who's consistently challenging the cookie-cutter female celebrity role. Whether that is talking about the imperfections models have, being politically active, sharing the raw honesty of motherhood and its struggles, or her sarcastic unscripted truth to certain situations, it seems as if there is truly nothing she does not have words of wisdom on.

1. She's accepting of all her natural flaws.

To some people, it doesn't seem like a big deal that Chrissy Teigen posts photos embracing her stretch marks or acne. Yet, for those who struggle with self-confidence because of those very same things, it means the world.

2. She doesn't care what people think of her.

From parenting decisions to her use of swear words, Chrissy Teigen embodies the attitude that everyone should have for the negative people in their life: kindly f*ck off.

3. She is able to make fun of herself.

Let's be honest, this is a very hard thing for even us "ordinary" people who don't have thousands of people picking apart everything we do to do. Somehow, she is able to look at herself and the crazy things she has done and laugh, because isn't that what life's all about?

4. She's able to embrace her mistakes, no matter how ridiculous.

Opening Rihanna's mail and admitting to the illegal act on live television? Really no big deal. Green fingers before the Grammy's? Just an everyday thing. Showering after chopping jalapenos? Who hasn't done that? The fact is that no mistake is really too crazy for Chrissy to not own up to, which we should all learn to do.

5. She's brutally honest.

What else is there to say? If you can call out John Legend on his singing you can do it to anybody.

6. She's open about her IVF experience, despite backlash.

Some people forget that people who want kids can't always have them the natural way. As if it is some crime to pursue other alternatives to have a child after an extended period of trying to conceive naturally hasn't worked. Teigen has also criticized those who kept asking her when she and John were going to have children.

"So anytime somebody asks if I'm going to have kids I'm just like, 'One day you're going to ask that to the wrong girl who is really struggling and it's going to be really hurtful to them and I hate that. Stop asking me." -Chrissy Teigen via Daily Mail

It's empowering that not only is she standing up for herself, but advocating for those going through this difficult process.

P.S. Let's also not forgot her response to people taking issue with her and John choosing the gender of their embryo:

*HARD CORE EYEROLL FOR THOSE WHO CARE TOO MUCH ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES*

7. Her dedication to her fans.

Celebrities get a bad rap for not caring about their fans and those who got them to where they are today. Chrissy Teigen is truly not one of those people and all you have to do to see that is to check out her Twitter timeline. It is full of her genuine responses to her dedicated fans, whether funny or heartfelt you know she takes great pride in being there for her fans.

8. The relationship she shares with her husband.

This day and age it is hard enough keeping any marriage alive, and it becomes significantly harder in Hollywood. Chrissy and John are one of those couples where you can only imagine the love they have for each other. I'm not talking about the material things that show love, but the incredible songs he writes for her, the constant support she shows him, and so much more. I wish one day that I find I love like the two of them share.

9. What an amazing mom she is, and admitting that it's not always easy.

Being a mom means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. One thing I know for sure is the immense amount of love Chrissy Teigen has for her daughter, Luna. We see this not only in the way she talks about her but also in the posts she shares of their time together. In 20 years, I'm not sure how much Luna will love the posts of her dressed up in a hotdog costume, but she'll be able to see what we all know now- that her mother loves her very much.

Everyone loves to talk about being a mom and the joys of having a baby to call your own. Only recently have celebrities began talking about the darker side of motherhood, specifically, postpartum depression. Chrissy Teigen writes so beautifully in her all-bearing Glamour spread about going through this after having her daughter Luna. Sometimes we forget that celebrities are just people like us.

10. Her political activism.

I could put all of Chrissy Teigen's political, Donald Trump smacking tweets here, but the article would never end. The fact of the matter is that not only was she active in Hillary Clinton's historic presidential campaign, but she continues to call out bullshit arguments that try to justify Donald Trump's deplorable behavior. She's not worried about protecting the feelings of those who have no regard for other people's. To put it simply, she kicks ass daily on Twitter and has "presidential" block to prove it! There is one tweet I could just not omit from this article:

Okay, I lied two tweets.

Let's all just take a moment to wrap our heads around the fact that Chrissy Teigen is in fact human and not just an angel sent down to show us all how to act. At the end of the day, role models are a personal decision that has to align with how you are at your core. All I'm saying is that if it's not Chrissy Teigen, you're wrong.