10 Places To Check Off Your Bucket List While Traveling Australia

Do you come from a land down under?

114
Unsplash

If you have the travel bug, visiting Australia is probably on the top of your to-do list. Sunny days, lots of beaches, and amazing wildlife makes Australia an all-i n-one vacation destination. If you're wondering what to do while visiting the land down under, here's a list of places to go, things to do, and food to eat during your next getaway.

1. Broome, Western Australia

Broome is home to some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world. While there, make sure to visit Cable Beach, take a sunset camel ride, and take a seaplane over a horizontal waterfall.

2. The Great Ocean Road

This 151 mile long road that stretches from Torquay to Allansford and is one of Australia's most scenic rides. Along the way, you can visit the Australian National Surf Museum and see koalas, kangaroos, and snakes at the Tower Hill Wildlife Preserve.

3. Take a hot air balloon ride in Alice Springs

A hot air balloon ride during sunrise over Australia's Red Centre is sure to give you an Instagram picture all your friends will envy.

4. Bondi Beach

Bondi is one of the worlds most famous beaches and is sure to be your new favorite place to lounge in the sun, catch a wave, or even go whale watching!

5. Clean Treats Factory

Located in Alexandria, this cafe creates amazing looking (and tasting) desserts that are gluten, dairy, refined sugar, and preservative-free. From cakes to smoothie bowls, you will definitely want to try everything on the menu.

6. Zip-lining in the Daintree Rainforest

Explore a unique combination of flora and fauna that has been virtually untouched by humans. Go on a Wilderness Experience tour or sail above the trees while zip-lining!

7. Rottnest Island

Just a short boat ride away from Perth, this protected nature reserve is home to a large population of quokkas, a small and very cute marsupial.

8. Drink Glitter Beer at Two Birds Brewing

You read that right - GLITTER beer. Drink the "Stardust" IPA, a tribute to David Bowie, at Two Birds. You can thank edible glitter for making this creation possible.

9. Dulcet Cakes and Sweets

Located in Burwood, this bakery is far from average. Serving everything from Matcha Crepes to Mango Coconut Mousse, they truly have something for everyone. But, an ice cream sundae served over dry ice is possibly their most popular item.

10. Koala Hospital in Port Macquarie

Get up close and personal with some of Australia's cutest creatures. This hospital uses its donations to treat sick and injured koalas and to conduct research on koala diseases. While there, you can tour the facility, make a donation, or even sponsor one of the koalas.