10 Truths About College

10 Truths About College

Outside of the classroom, funny or serious, college has it all.

75
10 Truths About College
blog.treering.com

College, a word that provokes excitement and stress among most, if not all young adults. From the late nights to early mornings you learn how to live off of whatever energy you have left by the end of the week along with those dreadful Sunday mornings.

No matter the time you realize you don't have in order to accomplish everything you need to do, you're surprised with yourself even further with your abilities to get things done through all of that procrastination. Although college is all about finding your path in life to the career you choose and you've learned a lot in the classroom, what we often don't give credit to are the skills and new ideas we learn outside of the classroom. It's often the smaller things that make us most impressed with ourselves. Following a pattern of events, here are just a few small things we've all experienced at some point that make college... well, college.

1. Taking naps in public places.

As a college student, you tend to drain yourself of all motivation and want to nap instead. In some cases, you aren't in your room for this and take a nap wherever looks comfy.

2. Fitting more than one person on a twin bed.

We've all been here. What may seem impossible when trying to fit more than body onto a college twin bed may not seem like the best idea, but it's definitely possible. Let me tell you, cuddling gets intense.

3. Waiting until the last moment to do your laundry.

Procrastination comes in all sorts of forms and while homework takes the number one spot, laundry isn't far behind in second place.

4. Stealing anything from the dining halls.

From food to plates and cups, anything is impossible when smuggling items out of the dining halls. Our tuition basically pays for it all, right?

5. If you aren't a coffee addict now, you will be.

Those long nights never seemed possible without the god-sent gift of caffeine in the form of coffee. Two words: Starbucks.

6. Functioning on minimal hours of sleep.

Here's a common trend: going to bed at three and waking up at eight. It's amazing how college kids function on little to no sleep. Often times, we have a few things to thank for this: our random naps in public places and the coffee we drink on the daily.

7. Getting ready in ten minutes.

I realize even further this common trend with students; stay up late, wake up late, and get ready in ten minutes. The day will start with or without you so you better get up anyway. If there is one thing that college has taught me, it is that ten minutes is an acceptable amount of time to prepare for the inevitable of the day to come because let's be real, no day ever goes as planned in college.

8.Making last night's makeup, today's makeup.

One of my more common mistakes is not taking off my makeup before bed after a late night of wandering activities. Waking up with minimal time to get ready, you figure out how to make last night's look work for today's morning, even if it isn't the best decision.

9. The people you want to avoid are the people you see most that day

Here is a common struggle for college students, especially on a Sunday morning.

10. College is so much more than just the classroom

College is more than just learning how to do accounting or how the body works. It's learning how to live independently, how to acclimate to new ideas, and to make yourself happy. It's a new environment with new people, and it's a place where you can learn to be yourself. Testing your new abilities as a young adult, it's where you will present your new beliefs and ideas to the world. Lastly, It's your new home.