10 Classic Chick Flicks We All Grew Up Watching

1778

1. She's The Man

A modern day adaption of Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night", Amanda Bynes stars as Viola Johnson who dresses up as a boy to attend a school that would let her on their soccer team. With Channing Tatum, this movie has to be one of my absolute favorites and definitely never gets old

2. 10 Things I Hate About You

What gets better than a young Heath Ledger? Nothing. Julia Styles stars in this movie as Kat Stratford who basically hates all guys and the whole school is scared to mess with her. When her father says that her younger sister Bianca, who is popular and beautiful, can date when Kat goes on a date. Long story short, they get Kat to date Patrick Verona and sparks truly do fly with them.

3. White Chicks

Two FBI agents have to dress up as two blond spoiled socialites after they refuse to go to a Hampton's party because of a kidnapper trying to come after them. With nothing else these two guys can do, they literally dress up as the two girls and act like them at this event. This movie is probably one of the funniest movies i've ever seen to this day.

4. Sydney White

Amanda Bynes stars in this modern day adaption of "Snow White" (hence the name Sydney White), and it takes place in a college town that cherishes Greek life. When she gets into the best sorority on campus, she realizes its full of awful girls and gets "banished" from the chapter and takes refuge in an old broken down house full of "losers".

5. Stick it

After getting in trouble with the law again, the judge orders Haley to go serve time at her old gym (she used to be a national champion). Now being a tom-boy who hates the world, going back to gymnastics is the last thing she wants to do. I don't want to give too much away for those who haven't seen it, but this movie seriously is awesome.

6. Mean Girls

This movie has to be one of the most iconic movies of the early 2000's. Lindsay Lohan stars as Cady Herron who just moved to a suburban area from rural Africa. Three "Mean Girls" run the school and use Cady as bait as a fourth member of their group. Filled with drama and funny one-liners, this movie still gets people laughing to this day.

7. The Clique

If you're like me and grew up reading "The Clique" series, you were probably ecstatic as hell when the movie came out. It follows around a girl named Claire whose parents are best friends with spoiled rich girl Massie and when Claire's family moves into the guest house of Massie's estate, all hell breaks loose. I'm still wondering why they didn't make the other movies of the series, the books were phenomenal.

8. 13 Going On Thirty

"Thirty, flirty, and thriving" were the three words repeated throughout this feel good "fairy-tale". It stars a girl named Jenna who hated highschool and wished she could just be an adult in her thirties. She goes into a closet and finds magic fairy dust and wishes she could be 30, and the next morning she wakes up and is herself as a 30 year old and chaos begins from there.

9. A Cinderella Story

A Cinderella Story is a modern day adaption of "Cinderella" that stars Hilary Duff as Sam, a teenager whose dad died from an earthquake in California. Now a teenager living with her mean step mom and spoiled step sisters, this movie focuses on her hiding her face at the school dance and dancing with Austin Ames, the most popular guy in school, while he doesn't know who she is and spends the whole movie trying to find her.

10. Aquamarine

A young Emma Roberts and Jojo star in this movie about two best friends who find a mermaid (Sara Paxton) who washes up in their beachside pool. Aquamarine, the mermaid, befriends them and tries to act normal with them and their friends because she has legs when its light outside until she meets Raymond who she is seriously infatuated with. I remember binge watching this movie with my friends all the time and reenacting scenes from this movie at my neighboorhood pool (lol).