5 Pieces Of World News That Doesn't Involve President Trump
Start writing a post
Politics and Activism

5 Pieces Of World News That Doesn't Involve President Trump

There's much more out there.

5 Pieces Of World News That Doesn't Involve President Trump

It's no surprise that when you turn on the TV, inevitably, President Trump will appear in some report, lie, or immature response. His ineptness, irresponsibility, and immaturity often overshadows other important global events, therefore, despite it being hard, this article focuses on all news events that doesn't directly involve Trump.

1. A NASA Satellite Has Captured A Mile-Long Iceberg Breaking Away From an Antarctic Glacier.

This event proves how vulnerable the arctic ice is, as a result of warming temperatures. With more and more icebergs breaking off, wildlife and marine life are equally affected. Ultimately, sea ice is at an all time low. But I guess that only qualifies as a concern if you believe in climate change.

2. Disability Workers are Breaking the Glass Ceiling in Businesses

Approximately 1.2 billion people, across the world, live their life with a disability. However, they have slowly been rising and starting businesses for themselves, despite the obstacles.

3. Scientists Discovered A Drowned Continent

The landmass is 94% underwater with the remaining 6% being New Zealand and New Caledonia. Scientists named the continent "Zelandia".

4. Salmonella Bug May Help To Fight Cancer

Scientists have found that salmonella can be injected into tumours to flag cancer to the immune system so that it can be quickly cleared from the body. The stain used, which is a less potent, inserts itself into the cancer cells, showing the body how they should be attacked.

5. India's Historic Space Launch

On February 15th, India launched 104 nano satellites into orbit, on one single rocket. This surpassed Russia's 2014 launch of 37 satellites in one launch. Of the 104 satellites, three were Indian-owned, 96 were from US companies, and the rest belonged to companies in Israel, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates

Report this Content
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.

Pop Culture Needs More Plus Size Protagonists

When almost 70% of American women are a size 14 or bigger, movies like Dumplin' are ridiculously important, while movies like I Feel Pretty just feel ridiculous.


For as long as I can remember, I've been fat. The protagonists in the movies I've watched and the books I've read, however, have not been. . .

Keep Reading... Show less
How I Met My Best Friends In College

Quarantine inspired me to write about my freshman year to keep it positive and focus on all the good things I was able to experience this year! In this article, I will be talking about how I was able to make such amazing friends by simply putting myself out there and trying new things.

Keep Reading... Show less

29 Things To Do in Myrtle Beach, SC Regardless Of The Weather

Both indoors and outdoors things to do in beautiful Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

29 Things To Do in Myrtle Beach, SC Regardless Of The Weather
Dahlia DeHaan

In 2017, I moved to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - one of the most touristy places on the East Coast. And ever since then, I've befriended locals and done some exploring on my own to discover new, fun things to do in Myrtle Beach. Here are just a few of my favorites.

Keep Reading... Show less

The Birthplace of Basketball

The NBA Playoffs are here. It’s kind of funny that my history kind of started out in the same place that basketball’s did too.


Basketball was originally created by James Naismith, a Presbyterian minister who taught P.E. at YMCA in Springfield, Massachusetts. He invented the new game to keep the young men occupied inside during the winter. Borrowing ideas from rugby and a game he used to play as a boy, “duck on the rock”, he thought of nailing up boxes to throw a ball into. He couldn’t find boxes so he used peach baskets instead. The rest of the rules he made up in about an hour.

Keep Reading... Show less

I Met You At The Wrong Time

At least, that's what I keep telling myself.


I met you when I was in middle school and I thought boys still had cooties. I wore flared jeans, Aeropostale shirts, and had the dorkiest braces ever. I cared about what other people thought of me, and I definitely cared a lot about what you thought, too. You were older, and your friends made fun of me when I talked to you. I pretended it didn’t bother me, but it did. I sat two rows in front of you in class, and constantly tried to think of reasons to talk to you. Your hair was a curly mess. It still is. You graduated from middle school a year before me, and I missed you. I don’t think you even knew my name.

Keep Reading... Show less

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Facebook Comments