Why BFFs Are Better Than BFs

Why BFFs Are Better Than BFs

"Ovaries before bro-varies."

96
Why BFFs Are Better Than BFs

In the words of the wise Leslie Knope, "Hoes before Bros, Uteruses before Dude-eres and Ovaries before Bro-varies." This idea needs to be taken more seriously. I am a strong believer in this code and I honestly feel like BFFs are better to have than a BF for many reasons.

1. One of the most important relationships you will have, maybe ever

Best friends are like four leaf clovers: hard to find and lucky to have. If you find yourself lucky enough to have a BFF it is wise to remember that your BFFs are and always will be more important than any boyfriend will be. No exceptions.

2. No judging

Just devoured an ungodly amount of food? No biggie. Spent the day watching Netflix? So did they. Haven't showered in a few days? They'll still hug you. BFFs are not here to judge you.

3. Not grossed out by your period

If your BFF is also a girl then they too are unwillingly subscribed to this awful monthly subscription and if they ask if you're on your period it's not a rude insult. You can usually rely on your BFF for an extra tampon in an emergency or to pick you up some from Walgreens. Boyfriends don't usually help in this department.

4. Great for shopping or sharing clothes

Shopping with a friend is a thousand times better than shopping with a guy. They're always willing to put on a fashion show in the dressing room with you. The best part is that they're willing to share the clothes they buy, unlike boys who get annoyed when you want to borrow a sweatshirt

5. Your own social media cheerleader

You can always count on your bestie to like or put a cute comment on anything you put on social media. More often than not they took the pic or are in it with you. You never have to beg to take a pic with them, and posting it doesn't weird them out.

6. You never have to "define the relationship"

I strongly believe in avoiding anything that will be awkward or uncomfortable in any way. Thankfully no awkward talks like "defining the relationship" are involved with having a BFF. Unfortunately, it is involved with boyfriends though and are often not worth how awkward it will be.

7. They will call you out when you are acting crazy

Your BFF can call you out when you're being dramatic/bitchy/crazy etc, and you know they mean it. They have your best interests at heart and are usually doing it in order to help you out. When your BF does this it's never as nice.

8. They are always here for you. Always.

Boys will come and go, but your BFF is forever.