The Whirlwind Emotional Roller Coaster That is Midterms
College

the one time of the year that is harder than finals because your still trying to do good in class.

72

Midterms are the scariest time of the year, and college students everywhere can agree that it is not a pretty part of life. When I think of Midterms it makes me cringe.

The only thing that a student can count on for midterms is the emotional roller coaster that you go through before taking your tests.

To all the students: Good luck!

You're super chill.

You've got four weeks to study for this midterm, and you got this! You're going to class every day, doing your homework, and ready for whatever teachers throw at you. This is the point in the quarter where you think to yourself "okay if I study 30 minutes each day then I will ACE THIS TEST."

In all honesty, if you are the kind of person who will actually spend 30 minutes each day studying for something so far in the future, then I envy you as a person, and one day I want to be just like you.

You're confident.

You got this! You have been studying almost every single day (or at least doing your homework) and you feel oh so ready for the midterm that is coming your way in three weeks.

This is an emotion that may or may not cause you to avoid doing any work on preparing because you are already so ready for the test.

You become a little bit hesitant.

Two weeks until the test comes up really fast. It comes up even faster when you haven't been studying because of how well you were doing.

Netflix has been calling you. Your bed is extra comfy during this time.

This is the time where you think to yourself "what am I going to do" but you never actually do any of it because you still have TWO WHOLE WEEKS.

The stress hits you.

This is when you are looking to see what you do and don't need to actually know in order to pass this test. You may be checking to see what a zero would do to your grades in the grade book or calling your parents crying about how it all got away from you so fast (classic).

But are you picking up the textbook? reading? reviewing? kinda but not really because:

You still have a week and it won't be that hard...

Scared.

Let me set the scene:

You're walking to the lecture hall which feels closer all of a sudden and the walk goes extra fast. You find a seat and sit down, and you wait for class to start thinking to yourself "oh no here it comes" the teacher passes out the exams, you look at the test and internally scream because you never actually studied. you think to yourself "I wish I had studied for 30 minutes every day" you take the test, complete with pen clicking and nail-biting, and turn it in.

Your problems are over.

Now that you have taken your test, you can breathe, and thank whoever you believe in that you can relax (for now).

Good job!