What Your Sunglasses Say About Your Personality This Summer
Beauty Fashion

Throwin' Shade: What Each Style Of Sunglasses You Rock This Summer Says About You AND To Others

Leave the ones from college orientation behind, friends.

627
woman wearing sunglasses
Olivia DeLucia

Ahh, sweet summer, the sun is out, and the shades are on. The new array of sunnies is surprisingly not due to the reason your future is so bright, you gotta put on the shades, or, as Kanye and Jay Z would guess, "Sunglasses and Advil / last night was real mad." It's actually because your stylish sunglasses give those around you insight and introspect into your personality.

OK, this might be a little far-fetched, but with the variety of sunglasses coming into style this summer, here is what is presumed from the shades you rock this summer:

1. The Hippie Glasses Homies

OliviaDeLucia

Homegirl is all about the good vibes. She probably goes to either Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, or Electric Forest (or all of the above) every year. She is the type of friend to chill with this summer if you feel like grabbing some ice cream, watching the sunset or having a movie night. Hippie Glasses Girlies are artsy, love music and are always themselves. They aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe in when they need to but always portray themselves in the #GoodVibes way.

2. The Aviator Angels

OliviaDeLucia

The girls that attribute to exclusively wearing aviators, not only sustain this style and keep it up and running but also love to stick to the classics. These girls know just what to wear to every social gathering, and don't try to be something they aren't. They are classy, but also fun. They love to have a good time and know just how to dress it up or bring it down when it's the appropriate time. While some say aviators are basic, let's just say there is a reason why they never go out of style.

3. The Darlin' Divas

OliviaDeLucia

The Darlin' Divas wear strut the sunnies that look like they just got out of mimosas with the gals, not just on Sunday's, but weekdays as well. The Diva Glasses give the persona these ladies know what they want and how to get it. They dress up any outfit and go perfectly with any shade of lipstick, a perfect accessory to a girl that is out to chase her dream in the world.

4. The "What Ya See Is What Ya Get" Sunnies

OliviaDeLucia

The girls that rock the see-through shades have nothing to hide. What you see is what you get, in their minds. They are the girls that are loyal, passionate and always down for a good time this summer. They love to have new experiences. They go with the flow, speak their minds, and always have their friends' back.

5. A Little "Pop Of Color"

OliviaDeLucia

These ladies put on the shades that bring color into the world. They are fun, sweet and creative. They love to express themselves with color and aren't afraid to show their emotion. They don't mind being the brightest one in the room, in fact, they take pride. Who needs sunshine, when they have these girlfriends in their lives?

* * *

As you can see, there is so much more behind a person's style then what we first thing. While some days we roll out of bed and put on the first thing we find, (or whatever sunglasses block your squinting eyes from the sun during your morning drive), we often use style as a way to express ourselves. So remember your vibe is just as bright as you this summer, and if you need to throw some shade, your go-to glasses can help you with that too.

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.