Valentines Day outfits

Fellas, Try These 3 Cute Unexpected Trends To Be Fashion Forward This Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day, but make it fashion.

82

Guys, Valentine's Day is almost here (Yikes) and by now your S.O has probably brought up in either minor hints or major ones that you two should do something special. This implies you two either dressing up(or down, if you catch my drift) and spending some much-needed romantic quality time together. BUT HOLD UP. This year you simply can't get away with the same lame get up, especially when your S.O will probably be dressed to the 9's. So, while you either prepare for this amazing date you are planning or plan on being taken on, why don't you try and switch things up fashion-wise.

1. Shoelaces.

cdn.shopify.com

Maybe making a huge outfit statement isn't really your thing. That's OK, let's keep things cool but still really festive by just changing up your shoelaces. Now before you get your laces in a bunch, hear me out on this trend. When you think about an understated piece of fashion, you want it to be just that, understated. So, instead of throwing on a loud red tie, you can just swap out your laces. Plus, for anyone who notices it'll be a nice little surprise and it's those little touches that make it look like you actually tried to make your outfit "fashion."

I highly recommend if you plan on trying this trend to check out whiskerslaces.com. Their laces come in a bunch of different styles and are super high quality. You're feeling stripes for this valentines day, check these out. Maybe you have a thing for polka dots, check these out. Or maybe you're a solid color kinda guy, they've got you covered. So even after this Valentine's Day, if you have a formal dinner, party or any kind of event where you want to spruce up your outfit, you'll have fashionable laces that will probably outlast your shoes.

2. Think Pink.

@harrybrewer

Everyone who dresses up on Valentine's day always thinks that they should wear the color red. Don't be afraid to splash a bit of pink instead of red on your outfit. It is Valentine's day after all and you could probably find at least one thing in your outfit to be pink. Maybe you could switch up your regular date dress pants this rose toned pair from Amazon. So, colorful pants aren't exactly working for you, have you tried changing up your blazer? If you plan on maybe going out for a bit of a fancier affair, swap out your plain dress coat for this blush blazer from Macy's. You'll look festive yet sophisticated. If getting something that is a bit fancier isn't you and bae's cup of tea, then keep your outfit cute and casual. Maybe throw on this pink casual jacket from ASOS over your plain white T. Who would have thought you'd look so pretty in pink!

3. Florals.

@patwwa

So, you want to be festive for Valentine's Day but you don't really want to invest in something you'll probably never wear again. Which is perfectly fine, I mean there are only so many uses for a bright pink jacket. So why not go for a more floral look? I mean Valentines Day is pretty much the holiday that opens up spring, so it's pretty much a match made in heaven. For your fancier/ dress up because we are going to a nice date why don't you try tucking this floral button up from Zara into your trousers and throw a plain black blazer/ sports coat. Not feeling like being super dressy? That's cool too, Forever21 has a nice selection of florals, try wearing this floral shirt with a nice pair of jeans and that pink jacket I mentioned before. You'll look so fresh for your date!

I hope you found any of these styling tips for your Valentine's Day date useful. Remember guy's at the end of the day, all your s/o cares about is being with you, so I wouldn't stress too much on the details of who is wearing what because you'll probably be ripping it off each other at the end of the night.