What To Expect When Visiting Disney This Summer

We're going to Disney World!

2499
Unsplash

This past week, my family and I went to Disney World. This is for the first time we've been in a few years and the first time we've done anything like this since COVID-19. While we were aware of all the new procedures Disney put in place, that didn't prepare us for what it would be like once we got into the parks. Overall though, it was a great trip but here are a few things to keep in mind and look forward to if you plan on visiting the Disney parks in the upcoming summer months.

1. Getting hot a lot quicker

As of right now, you are required to wear your masks from when you step out of your car on Disney property to when you get back into your car at the end of your day (unless you are eating, drinking or taking a stationary photo). While this is important in order to keep everyone safe, it also means you get a lot hotter in the Florida heat a lot faster.

2. Fighting for shade

Another procedure put in place by Disney was to expand the line queues to accommodate for social distancing. Once again while this is important to keep people safe, it often means you find yourself in the sun more than you ordinarily would. Hopefully, within the upcoming weeks Disney adds more fans and umbrellas in these areas to provide more shade from the sun.

3. Shorter lines

One of the biggest upsides to the new procedures is having less people inside the parks at a time. Since there are less people in there, you can expect shortened the wait times for most rides which allows your family to experience more throughout your day in the park.

4. All of the tan lines

Let's be honest, if you're planning on spending all day in the sun you were probably already going to leave with a sunburn and some new tan lines. Now if you want to avoid a mask tan line to go with them, I suggest applying sunscreen to your face frequently if you don't already.

5. New experiences

Although Disney might look a little difference since your last visit. It doesn't make it any less magical. Be open to the new experiences they are offering to you and just enjoy your time in the parks!