5 Ways To Spice Up Your Summer Time
Food Drink

5 Ways To Get Through The Summer Repeat Blues

You know what I'm talking about... when all of your days just starting blurring together and seem so repitive with work, class, or other activities.

87

Summer is meant for fun, sun, and trying all kinds of good food and drinks that just aren't in season or the right time when it comes to the remainder of the year. But if your summer vacation from school or even just summer in general isn't all too exciting... there are small ways or things you can do to mix that up a bit. Because mixing it up a little bit never hurt anyone really. So what are you waiting for... go mix up the routine. Because I know sticking to the same stuff can't be all that fun; but who knows maybe it is?

1. Try something different but not hugely different.

It doesn't matter if that means reading a new book or hiking a different trail then you did last week. But that small change might make a HUGE difference in your routine. ​

2. Watch a Netflix movie and TV series you wouldn't normally watch

Trust me on this one... if you have the time for a Netflix binge & honestly who doesn't 24/7 if we're being real... you might actually become obsessed with it but not even know it because you wouldn't have normally tried it. Plus the Netflix original movies are pretty damn good. ​

3. Find a new hobby

I know this might seem very weird and scary but it can be actually pretty easy. And it is a good way to get out of the little funk that is occurring during this overly repetitive summer vacation. ​It doesn't even matter what the hobby is unless you don't enjoy it, because then we have a problem. But it could be listening to audiobooks, knitting, skateboarding, vision boards, etc. Pick your poison!

4. Meet (& make) new friends

Disclaimer: Not everyone person in the world is nice and compassionate so of course do this with caution when it comes to people you are just meeting for the first time like at a bar or on a street walking through downtown you know? But making new work friends, or yoga friends... can be cool new doorways to amazing times or fun future stories to tell.

5. Self reflection!

​I know this doesn't seem fun or exciting as just doing cool stuff with friends or family or even by yourself but self-reflection is not only important for personal growth but also just realizing what you do and don't like in the world, in the people close to you, or even with yourself. Self-reflection can help you work to be not only a better version of yourself but a more "true to you" version of yourself!