6 Reasons To Vote For Beto O'Rourke

6 Reasons To Vote Beto For Senate

It's that time again folks - voting time.

443
Beto O'Rourke and yours truly
ROSE MOCZYGEMBA

If you're like me, this is one of the very first elections that you get to vote in! Maybe you're a little overwhelmed by it all, but gathering information about the candidates has never been this easy.

If you're just getting started, it's not too late! Here are a few things about one of the Texas Senate candidates.

1. He doesn't just stand for Democrats - he stands for all Texans.

At every one of his town hall's across the state, Beto has opened with his desire to reach out to anyone and everyone who is willing to listen, regardless of political party or views. He's listening to every one of us.

2. He wants to ensure that all women have access to the reproductive healthcare they need.

And this doesn't just mean a woman's right to choose safely, though that is certainly important to him. He supports policies that increase access to birth control and ensure that all women, including low-income women and families, can get the cervical and breast cancer screenings that they need. Whether a woman chooses to have children or not, her health should never be compromised.

3. He wants veterans everywhere to have access to quality care.

All veterans, whether they were discharged honorably or not. They fought for our country, they fought to keep us safe, and it's time we fight for them. These men and women have earned our support, and yet 20 every day take their lives. These veterans should have access to health care, to stable living situations, and they should not have to fight for it any longer. They have done their fighting, and Beto wants to make sure that the rest of their lives are lived in comfort.

4. He believes that all of us are equal.

All human beings are created equal and have been from the beginning.

He supports the LGBTQ+ community's right to marriage, to have their own families and enjoy all of the benefits that straight couples have. He supports equal pay for women all over the country and that it's time to close the pay gap. He supports eliminating all forms of discrimination across the nation and wants to represent us all, no matter our gender, race or orientation.

5. He wants access to higher education to be available to everyone.

This comes in the form of increased funding for Pell Grants and federal loans to make higher education affordable for those who cannot pay for it themselves. Educational opportunities should be broadened in the form of access to community college and trade schools. The pace of inflation within higher learning institutions should be controlled with government help to keep educational costs affordable.

6. He wants what's best for this country.

These are just a few things that Beto O'Rourke intends to change if he is elected to the Senate November 2018. It's time to vote, everyone! And if you're like me, this is the first major election you get to vote in.

So go to the polls and vote for Beto! (Or don't; the important thing is that you use your power as a U.S. citizen and get your opinion out there!)