13 Reasons Why You Need To Visit Virginia
Nature Animals

Virginia is home to one of the most scenic destinations.

282

New York, California, Florida, and Texas. These are some of the most popular states in the U.S. that people travel to and are very well known for their landmarks. Although it may seem that Virginia doesn't seem to come up on this popular list, there are many remarkable landmarks and interesting places in this historic state.

Here are 13 exciting places you need to go to here in Virginia:

1. Virginia Beach

s.iha.com

Virginia's most famous and known attraction is definitely Virginia Beach. The gorgeous blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the warm sandy ground is a must see for beach lovers.

2. Luray Caverns

upload.wikimedia.org

Luray Caverns is actually the largest caverns located in the east coast and it is designated as a very famous natural landmark. The dwellings in the cave are remarkable, making it a perfect tourist destination.

3. Jamestown

upload.wikimedia.org

Since Virginia was one of the first 13 colonies, one must visit the most historic town. Here you can find the first settlement in America with a 17th century look.

4. Shenandoah National Park

upload.wikimedia.org

This park offers many sights to see such as hills and valleys, making it an excellent place to hike and walk through for a soothing glimpse of nature.

Great Falls

c1.staticflickr.com

Not many people know that Virginia has a falls located in a scenic park.

6. King's Dominion

upload.wikimedia.org

This amusement park offers many exciting rides that visitors can enjoy.

7. Arlington National Cemetery

upload.wikimedia.org

Although a cemetery may not sound like the happiest place to visit, this famous cemetery contains many notable graves, including war veterans, presidents, explorers, and other famous pioneers.

8. Blue Ridge Parkway

c1.staticflickr.com

Blue Ridge Parkway is a great place to take a camping trip to with a self-guided walking trail, Sherando Lake, and incredible views of the Appalachian Mountains.

9. Charlottesville

c1.staticflickr.com

Charlottesville is a beautiful city home to many vineyards and the University of Virginia.

10. Potomac Mills Mall

upload.wikimedia.org

For those who love shopping, Potomac Mills Mall is one of the best malls in the world. Filled with hundreds of stores, at affordable prices, this is the mall that shopaholics must go to.

11. Manassas National Battlefield

upload.wikimedia.org

This historic battlefield gives a country-side feeling with the luscious green land and fresh air. There is also a famous museum here where visitors can learn about the importance of the battle during the Civil War era.

12. Fredericksburg

c1.staticflickr.com

This city is a fascinating place with one of the most beautiful cathedrals.

13. Richmond

c1.staticflickr.com

This list would be incomplete without the state's capital. The city of Richmond is filled with museums, restaurants, business headquarters, and the most diverse university: Virginia Commonwealth University.

Virginia isn't as boring as many people may think. We are home to famous landmarks, such as parks, museums, falls, amusement rides, and beaches. We have a variety of sights that visitors can see and enjoy!