I Use My Phone To Write, Ask Me Anything
Hobbies

12-year-old me would be disappointed.

172

I use my phone as much as the next young adult but I don't use it for reasons beyond social media. I check my accounts, YouTube, music and maybe reply to emails. I don't use it for school work, work in general, or even side projects. It's become such a norm to use my laptop that I convinced myself I need it in order to do work that needs to be done.

I use to write around 300 words a day before I was given my first laptop. I wrote stories and blog posts every week for my small group of readers. Writing on a phone wasn't easy but it was the only way I could read stories and write to them as well.

Since I first got a laptop, I stopped using my phone as a way to write. My laptop was more accessible and it was easier to catch mistakes. It made more sense to look for a larger screen. The con side was that because it became more accessible, I didn't feel such a weight to write.

I wasn't writing stories so much as I was writing a blog post and strange poems. My mind was too into reality with all of high school and college that fairytales could only be explored through other people's stories.

Recently I was left without a laptop at my disposal but my major is a huge reason I continue to have to constantly write. I have to grow with my writings and expand my thoughts from what I learn and what I realize about myself. For a long time now, I convinced myself that my laptop was my only way to accomplish a task. I had completely forgotten that I have the world at my fingertips with just a tap of my phone.