Cowboy Meets El Cuyuy

UFC 238: Ferguson Defends His Spot Against Cowboy

Cowboy Is Aiming To Be The Next To Face Khabib Nurmagomedov

104

In less than 2 weeks the former UFC Interim Lightweight Champion #2 ranked Lightweight "El Cuyuy" Tony Ferguson makes his highly anticipated return to the octagon since his last bout at UFC 229: Mcgregor vs Khabib. Upon his return to the octagon "El Cuyuy" Tony Ferguson will be defending his top spot in the division against the #4 ranked Lightweight former title challenger Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone who has been on a tear through the Lightweight division.

While the UFC Lightweight Champion Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov is still dealing with his suspension it has not been officially announced but it looks like he will be headlining the UFC 242 card against UFC 242 in Abu Dabi against the current UFC Interim Lightweight Champion Dustin "The Diamond" Poirer. In the meantime, the UFC is continuing to move forward in the division.

Many fans and others alike are questioning if this is too soon for a return for "El Cuyuy" Tony Ferguson after his recent mental health issues that everyone is fully aware of. Though as of recent Tony Ferguson has looked incredibly healthy and seems to be in a space with his family. He continues to give us updates through social media whether he is posting something with his son or sharing training footage as he gets ready for his fight with "Cowboy" Cerrone.

It was expected that Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone would be facing former 2 division champion "The Notorious" Conor Mcgregor as they continued to go back and forth with one another. "Cowboy" Cerrone has been aiming for that fight for quite some time now and it makes sense when you consider the current condition of the division with Khabib Numagomedov still being suspended. It seems like negotiations fell through with the founder of Proper Irish Whiskey as it is suspected that the money situation played a huge part in the negotiations falling thro0ugh due to the ESPN deal.

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone is on a 3 fight win streak with his eyes on Khabib Nurmagomedov if can get past one of the most dominant fighters in UFC History "El Cuyuy" Tony Ferguson. Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone is coming off of a huge dominant won over "Ragin" Al Iaquinta in a fight which he put a beating on the #6 ranked fighter in the UFC's Lightweight division. "Cowboy" ultimately won the fighter after going to the judge's scorecards where he won the fight by unanimous decision. That victory earned Donald Cerrone his 5th fight of the night fight bonus in the UFC.

Upon his return to the octagon "El Cuyuy" is currently on an 11 fight win streak and he is also no stranger to the UFC fight of the night and performance bonuses. The former UFC Interim Lightweight Champion Tony Ferguson is coming off of a huge win against former UFC Lightweight Champion Anthony "Showtime" Pettis who also has a huge fight coming up in August against Nate Diaz. After getting dropped in the 1st round Tony Ferguson turned up the heat and put a brutal beating onto "Showtime" Pettis which got him the victory after Anthony Pettis's corner stopped the fight due to Anthony's broken hand.