10 Ways To Connect With Your Inner Autumn
Seasonal

A guide to rediscovering the season of fall in September.

204
https://www.pexels.com/search/fall/
PEXELS

Orange, red, yellow, the colors of the turning leaves, the plump pumpkins, macintosh apples, pumpkin bread, the sunsets, a crackling fire. These are some of the best things that resurface each September. With the passing of summer, we welcome the next season of fall which brings with it many new things: the start of school, beginnings of new jobs, new responsibilities and new friends. Fall can also be broken down to its roots, where we find the things that resonate with our feelings most and are portrayed throughout our culture – almost as a way to advertise the season of fall. A few of my absolute favorite things regarding fall are the following activities, comfort foods, and holidays!

1. The scent of pumpkin spice or apple cider candles

Because who doesn't want to pregame balsam & cedar Christmas candles with pumpkin and apple cider ones.

2. Attending a football game

Grab your family, some friends, bundle up and head down to your school's football field for a Friday night under the lights or a Saturday afternoon game in the brisk fall air. Maybe even grab a cup of hot chocolate to keep your hands warm!

3. Carving a pumpkin

You can never be to old to enjoy carving pumpkins. As you may get more skilled as you get older, it is a fun way to celebrate fall with your friends and prep for halloween.

4. Apple picking

This is one of my favorites. I think family, pumpkins, plaids, riding boots, hayrides, trying each kind of apple while picking them, straw mazes and even some farm animals.

5. Relaxing to the first fire of the season while watching your favorite Halloween movie

The crackling of the burning fire with popcorn in your lap while Halloweentown is playing...? Does it get any better?

6. Caramel Apples, Soups, Cider Donuts, Pies, Pumpkin Bread, Warm Apple Cider

You just gotta get passed the fact that you'll have to floss after and dive into the apple - it's worth every single bite. Comfort foods are an amazing feature of fall - they taste so good!!

7. Restocking your wardrobe with endless sweaters, jeans and boots

One of the best feelings is coming home with new comfy, over-sized sweaters and worn riding boots on a fall day after shopping with your mom!

8. Going on a family trip somewhere in the mountains and seeing the foliage

My family used to travel to New Hampshire for a weekend every October and I will never forget the beautiful array of bright reds, oranges and burnt yellows that covered the trees.

9. Attending a fair! Most likely an Octoberfest of some sort

In New Hampshire we'd attend an Octoberfest fair! Filled with kettle corn, little homemade knick knacks, knit scarves and games the fair was something I always looked forward to.

10. Celebrating giving back with the family through Thanksgiving!

Ah, Thanksgiving. I think it is as much about the food as it is the giving back. Get together with your families, dress up for dinner, cook all day and night, play games, run through traditions and laugh a lot. Stuffing your face with turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and corn is implied by the word Thanksgiving.