Living A Fitness-Based Lifestyle Is A Privilege
Fitness

What social media doesn't address regarding fitness influencers or lifestyles.

421

When I first started in fitness, I thought it was as simple as working out and eating right. To me, I thought that by doing the workouts these women or men posted on social media and eating a diet of mostly healthy foods, I could obtain their bodies and make mine the best that it could be. But that's not always possible, and it wasn't until I was introduced to the world of supplements and the time demand of fitness that I realized something.

Living a fitness-based lifestyle is a privilege.

Healthy all organic foods, protein bars and powders, BCAAs, pre-workouts, and so much more are just some of the supplements that certain social media fitness influencers use to develop their toned figures. Once they become popular enough, they sometimes get these products for free due to sponsorship or partnership. However, if these products aren't given for free, what's the real cost?

Now I can't speak for specific numbers or for the lifestyle of others, but I can speak for my own.

Each month I purchase multiple tubs of protein powder, BCAAs, Pre-Workout, Vegan and Gluten Free Grocery Items, Electrolyte supplements, and more, the list is extensive. Not everyone can afford these supplements or can afford to workout multiple hours a day, and let me tell you that the price of this lifestyle is expensive. One tub of each supplement is anywhere from $30 to $40, or sometimes more. Buying multiple products, multiple times a month, the math is simple.

So why should those who do not have the privilege of this lifestyle compare themselves to those who do? Well, they shouldn't.

I tried living a fit lifestyle as cheap as possible in the beginning, no supplements or extra help. It was difficult and took an extremely long time. Yes, I got results, but it wasn't until I added in these extra supplements that I began to physically see muscle growth, or even began to see the hint of definition like Instagram influencers. It is not easy to get those results without supplements or spending hours in the gym. It is not cheap to live organically, and locally, or purchase sustainable products.

So please, DO NOT, compare yourself to those who have the privilege of this life.

If you have to work 80 hours this week and you don't have time to eat healthily or go to the gym, THAT'S OK. If you have to save money to pay for insurance or bills and you have to buy a $1 burger instead of a $10 salad this week, THAT'S OK. Do your best to take care of you, your body, and your health, but you don't have to be perfect. You don't have to be like the people on Instagram, the best thing you can do is to just BE YOU.