13 Reasons Taylor Swift Saved 2020 For-'evermore'

A timeline of this past year through the lens of the most hardworking, talented, and inspiring woman I know because we truly do not deserve her.

104488

2020...oh, 2020. What a freaking year. If 2020 has taught us anything, it's that we have to appreciate all the silver linings in the darkest of times. And one of the biggest silver linings that this year has given me is none other than Miss Taylor Alison Swift.

Throughout 2020, my love for Taylor grew infinitely, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I have developed such a deep connection to her music and her lyrics have truly made me feel a way that I've never felt before. I literally have no idea what I would have done without her music this year, and I know that it will continue to carry me forward for the rest of my life because it really is timeless.

And the best part of it all is that my obsession with Taylor Swift could not have developed at a better time. In the past year, she has worked so incredibly hard and spoiled us with more content than ever before.

I truly have no idea how she does it, but it is why she is so incredibly talented at what she does (arguably the best in the business if I do say so myself). So in case you forgot all that this queen has given us this year or do not understand the extent of how much she truly has done this year, I thought it would be very fitting to take you down memory lane.

So here is a timeline of 2020 through the lens of Taylor Swift, and all the ways that she undoubtedly saved it...

1. On January 31st, her documentary entitled "Miss Americana" premiered on Netflix

Don't ask me how many times I've watched this documentary.

2. On February 7th, "The Man" music video dropped

Watch until the end for a HUGE surprise that will shake you too your core.

3. On April 18th, Taylor performed an emotional rendition of her song "Soon You'll Get Better" during the One World: Together At Home virtual concert

I'm not crying, you're crying.

4. On May 17th, ABC, Hulu and Disney+ streamed the "City of Lover" concert

What I would give to have been in Paris and seeing this performance...#JusticeForLoverFest.

5. On June 12th, Taylor took a firm stance in support of the Black Lives Matter movement and proposed taking down monuments representing racist historical figures in Tennessee

We stan a queen that is on the right side of history.

6. On July 24th, Taylor announced her 8th studio album entitled "folklore"

The album we truly did not know we needed.

7. On September 16th, she performed "betty" at the ACMA awards for the first time in seven years

Her singing "in the gaaarrrrden" like this now lives rent-free in my head.

8. On October 7th, she endorsed President Elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris utilized her powerful bop "Only the Young" in a campaign video

Hey Taylor, can you possibly deliver these cookies to my house? I'll DM you my address.

9. On November 1st, Taylor was officially released from her contract with Big Machine, allowing her to begin re-recording her music

For Swifties who have been following the drama surrounding Taylor Swift's masters knew that her fifteen-year long contract with Big Machine Records was up in November 2020. But Swifties also knew that as soon as it was November 1st, she would be right back in the study starting to record her first five albums because the woman just wants to own her g-ddamn music! And of course, we were right. On November 22nd, Taylor deservingly received the "Artist of the Year" award at the American Music Awards and while she could not be there to accept her award live, she was proud to thank the fans live from the studio where she announced she was re-recording. The devil works hard, but Taylor Swift works harder.

If you want to learn more about the issues surrounding her masters and the subsequent need to re-record her albums, check out a good article here.

10. On November 24th, Swift was nominated for 6 different grammy awards

Instagram

And if it were up to me, she would win them all.

11. On November 25th, "Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions" were released on Disney+

When the best album of all time gets even better...not even kidding when I say that most of the long pond versions are better than the original.

12. On December 2nd, Swifties were teased with a brief snippet of the re-recorded version of "Love Story" from a Ryan Reynolds commercial

Her voice is so beautiful and mature and it literally makes me SO excited to hear the rest of her re-records. I am seriously not ready for it.

13. And last but certainly not least, on December 11th (aka today), Taylor surprise-dropped her 9th studio album EVERMORE!!!!!

"'tis the damn season" ladies and gents! I literally have no idea how we got so lucky. I mean 2 FULL albums in one year (plus all of this other stuff)...who the heck does that?!?!?! TAYLOR FREAKING SWIFT DOES!!! I cannot wait to be streaming this album (and the rest of her discography) for the remainder of the holiday season and for-"evermore."

Until the re-records...