Target's Bathroom Policy: An Analysis

Target's Bathroom Policy: An Analysis

Why I disagree/agree all at the same time.

6
Target's Bathroom Policy: An Analysis
Today News-Target.com

New HUGE topic this week and has been for several weeks is Target's Bathroom Policy for Transgenders. It is has been bashed, boycotted, and boasted by many different people. There are a lot of different sides to opposing and agreeing opinions and I am sure you have seen many of your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram rant about there own feelings. Usually one sided opinions, and like most debates just bashing the opposing side. So here is my rant about it, I hope this gives clarity for people like me who feel this certain way about this policy.

My opinion: I do not agree with Target's Bathroom Policy....notice how I left out for transgenders. The bathroom policy basically is allowing people of either sex to use either restroom depending upon how that person refers to him/her self. In general I think that giving the LGBT community more preferences and choices it a great idea! Come on people they just FOUGHT to be granted the right to marry who they want. I am happy to see things like that happen for people who honestly deserve it, but here is the problem with the bathroom policy. OTHER PEOPLE CAN AND WILL ABUSE LGBT COMMUNITY'S RIGHTS! As everyone has said they are afraid of rapist and pedofiles making there way into the bathroom of the opisite sex, but also the opposing view to that is those criminals do not care about laws anyway, so why would having this freedom effect them. Basically how I see it is this:

A liittle girl walks into a bathroom.

A grown man abusing the LGBT's newly fought for rights walks in right after.

He rapes the girl and is caught on camera entering the ladies restroom.

The man replies that he was simply using his right to use the bathroom in any one of his choice because he is transgender.

If that scenario does not boil both sides of this arguments blood, than you have no heart. Not only is this little girl suffering a horrible tragedy, but these criminals are going to be abusing a power that is not theirs.

LGBT community works hard and fights for there rights, and this is one of those rights that other people, bad people, can easily abuse. How would the community feel that a, probably, non transgender person, rapes a child and than claims to be apart of your community. Just to get away with it.

I am not only concerned about the consequences that the opposing view worries about, but also the reflection bad people could easily make toward the LGBT community.

Honestly, great idea, but we can make this idea full proof and safer for all sides.