Some of the most horrifying things Trump has said will scare you more than any horror film or book.
There are many controversial, funny, and bizarre things said by politicians and celebrities over the past few decades, but none have come even close to the belligerent and outrageous remarks spewed from Donald Trump. The guy is supposed to act as a world leader but instead has spent most of his presidency and career insulting and belittling different racial groups, religious groups, disabled Americans, women, and opponents — in person and on Twitter.
Despite causing millions of Americans to roll their eyes, turn away in disgust, and even fight back, Trump has retained support from historically and factually uneducated supporters who are willing to follow him no matter how much pain he causes.
Here are some of the most horrifying things that Trump has said that will scare you more than any horror novel or film.
1. "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best... They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us."
This is part of the speech where Trump first announced his candidacy for president. He claims that Mexicans are bringing drugs and crimes to his country, but says that some are good people. This was just the beginning of his openly racist insults against minorities or anyone of color. The saddest part is none of his statements ever stopped his campaign.
2. "She does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
Trump made his shocking comment about his daughter while appearing on "The View" in 2006. Having an attraction to his own daughter is disgusting, and further shows how Trump only views women as objects of desire. He does not like women that are responsible, smart, and independent.
3. "I have Black guys counting my money... I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day."
In this alleged quote, Donald Trump made a racist and anti-Semitic comment at once with this one. This is highly offensive and shows that he has no love for human beings. This statement only further amplifies his bias for anyone who is different than him.
4. "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
During a 2016 rally in Iowa, Trump remarked that he would still get votes from his supporters even if he shot a person on Fifth Avenue. To me, Trump was not calling his supporters loyal when he said this — he was calling them stupid. After they elected him, Trump knew their idiocy would prevent them from ever abandoning him.
5. "Putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing."
This quote was from ABC's Primetime Live in 1994. It is one of Trump's many sexist comments about women. He does not appear to think women should work outside the home, think for themselves, and have a successful life. This goes back to how he treated his first two wives, inappropriate remarks about beauty pageant contestants, and his belief that he can touch women without consent because he's a rich celebrity as seen from the "Access Hollywood" tape.
6. "I'm a negotiator like you folks."
Donald Trump made this comment while speaking at the Republican Jewish Coalition. Once again he stereotypes the Jewish community without putting any thought into it. At some point, he did get booed for his insensitive behavior. Trump claimed that he only made remarks this one during his speech because he knew they would not support him anyway — because he didn't want their money.
7. "I am extremely, extremely tough on illegal immigration. I’m extremely tough on people coming into this country. I believe that if I were running things, I doubt those people would have been in the country."
This was Trump's response in 2015 regarding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York City. He is vain and makes everything about himself. Trump believes that his immigrant vetting process would have saved the Twin Towers and nearly 3,000 people who died. Just like any other tragedy that has costed American lives, I see no sympathy in Trump's remarks.
8. "I never attacked him [Rand Paul] on his looks, and believe me, there's plenty of subject matter right there."
Even if you do not agree with the policies of politicians from another party, attacking them solely on their appearance is disrespectful and childish. This is what Trump did at the CNN Republican Debate in 2015. Like always, he acted immaturely and mocked his opponents on anything possible. Even though I think he constantly displays reasons why he is unqualified for office, I see his supporters as too brainwashed to turn away from him.
9. "[John McCain is] not a war hero... He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured, OK? I hate to tell you."
Nobody will forget this disgusting remark Donald Trump made at the Iowa Family Leadership Summit. Even if you were not a fan of John McCain's policies as a Republican senator, it is wrong to insult him as a U.S. veteran. Trump offended not only McCain but other POWS who were held by enemy soldiers and suffered months and even years of abuse and torture. Also, hearing a comment like this from a guy who dodged the draft five — once by citing "bone spurs" — is insane.
10. "Sorry losers and haters, but my IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please do not feel stupid or insecure, it's not your fault."
Trump brags about himself even though he is not better than anyone else. Smart, tough, and strong men do not have to keep convincing everyone how amazing they are. I doubt he has a high IQ since Trump never proofreads his tweets, talks like a fourth-grader, and acts like a bully. Even the late Stephen Hawking believed only losers boasted about their IQ.
11. "The country is doing well in so many ways. But there's such divisiveness."
The shocking thing about this quote is how Trump is completely oblivious to all the damage that he is causing in this country. He refuses to take responsibility for anything he does wrong. America was divided before Trump got elected, but he managed to make things even worse. The only lives Trump made better are greedy, heartless billionaires like himself.
12. "You know, with Biden, you go like this — whew — and he goes down."
Here is a Trump quote where he says that he could knock out former VP Joe Biden with just one hit. Trump might be over 300 pounds, but he's not muscular. This moment where Trump tries to act tough is laughable. Considering how Donald Trump struggles with climbing stairs and drinking water, I think it's unlikely that he would win a boxing match against Joe Biden.
13. "Nobody has done so much in the first two years of a presidency as this administration. Nobody. Nobody."
Unless Trump is referring to the number of executive orders signed, White House staff he fired or who resigned, or rounds of golf played within four years, then he might have a point. However, when it comes to actually making real progress, I feel Trump has accomplished nothing. He tells lies to fire up his base, makes friends with U.S adversaries, and insults our allies. I think he has threatened the safety of everyone for his own personal gain.
14. "Why should I go to that cemetery? It's filled with losers."
Donald Trump allegedly referred to the Americans who died at the battle at Belleau Wood in World War One as losers. He allegedly said the same thing about Vietnam vets. Trump claims his "personal Vietnam" was avoiding catching STDs in college (instead of actually serving his country during the war). He acts selfishly and makes offensive remarks because he cannot feel sympathy or pain for others.
15. "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing more competitive."
This quote by Trump makes absolutely no sense. There are many things that China is credited for making, but global warming is not one of them. The fact that he would compare this to competition with businesses in China is stupid. Trump appears clueless when it comes to any political issues, which is why he caused a trade war with China which did not help America's manufacturing after all.