Stipe Finally Gets His Rematch
Lifestyles

Miocic Gets His Rematch After Brock Bails On UFC

Daniel Cormier Will Defend His Heavyweight Title In August

89
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=522QQwz2C2Q

After the long build up with call outs and the anticipation building like no other, it was announced via Dana White that Brock Lesnar told him he was done he retired Stipe will get his rematch. With what many considered was gonna be the biggest fight 2019 between UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier and Former UFC Heavyweight Champion future WWE Hall Of Famer Brock Lesnar. Aside from Daniel Cormier being injured over the past couple of months there was not gonna be a title defend anytime soon regardless.

As the cloud of Brock Lesnar hovered over the UFC's heavyweight division, it seemed like everything was on hold with Brock Lesnar getting the next crack at Daniel Cormier. Both Brock Lesnar and Daniel Cormier had the attitudes that the fight was a go once the WWE cleared up their situation with Brock Lesnar who was their reigning Universal Champion at that given time. There were plenty of shots traded back and forth after Daniel "D.C." Cormier knocked out the longest reigning UFC Heavyweight champion in history Stipe Miocic in the 1st round as Brock Lesnar stormed into the octagon to shove and confront Daniel Cormier after he called him out.

At that point, everyone was under the impression that the bout was everything but signed as the anticipation continued to build but as we see nothing came of this super fight which could have easily broken the UFC pay per view record. The rest of the heavyweight division continued to express their opinions as about 100% of the fighters in that division felt that Brock Lesnar should be nowhere near a championship fight if he does return. Many continued to include the fact that he tested positive for steroids after he dismantled Mark Hunt at UFC 200 winning the fight which was a beating via unanimous decision.

One person who continued to stand his ground was former UFC heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic as he continued to protest for his well-deserved rematch. Many recognize Stipe as one of the greatest if not the greatest heavyweight to ever walk in the UFC's octagon and hold their belt. After he defeated Fabricio Werdum at UFC 198 via knockout to become the UFC heavyweight champ, that sparked a reign in the heavyweight division that the UFC just did not see yet up until then. Stipe Miocic expressed plenty of frustration as he felt along with the rest of the UFC community that he was placed on the back burner.

Stipe Miocic who is a fighter and a firefighter continued to remind the world that Daniel Cormier "owed him one" and they would meet again before Daniel Cormier announces his retirement which has also been pushed back. After the announcement from Dana White that Brock Lesnar is retiring news would soon break later that the fight is everything but signed for the rematch between Daniel Cormier and Stipe Miocic on August 17th in Anaheim, California for a pay per view event that has yet to be announced.