Should I go home for spring break?
Lifestyles

The Sweet Simplicity Of Spending Spring Break At Home

Country roads, take me home.

19

I am finally home! That means back to help clean, cook, and answer the bombarding questions from my siblings. It's not the "How is school?", typical questions, but the "Why do I have to pick that toy up?", "Why do I have to clean my room?", and "What comes after 5?".

Are you really home if you're not doing different chores? Being home gives me a little peace. Just because I missed music blaring when cooking or cleaning and not having to wear 'chanclas' in the shower. I went from washing an occasional cup to washing a whole bunch of dishes after, before, and during dinner.

Everybody else has gone off to the beach, but I've just gone fishing. By that I really mean my dad and his friend went fishing and I fell asleep in the car. It's not that I didn't want to fish, it's just that they used a net.

I went from doing my makeup every day to no makeup, no brushed hair, and wearing the same clothes. Because being home is being comfortable.

It's already Tuesday and I feel like it's gone a little too quick and I don't want to go back to stressing out over due dates (even though I am still worried about them). These country roads really did bring me home. That, however, also means the WiFi will go out and my phone occasionally doesn't have a signal (because I really do live out in the country).

I guess it's well needed time to reconnect with myself, my beliefs, and my family.