Sports Education: Physical Education for the New Millennium
High School

31

No one will argue that doing sports is useful, especially for health. Due to its influence, children and teenagers grow stronger and more resistant, colds are less common, and immunity is more stable. It's all right, but sports is more than just health. It has many benefits and benefits not only on the physical but also on the emotional level. Students who spend some hours of training do not spend so much time on computers, tablets. They just never have to. They are inspired by their occupations, successes and goals.

In addition, it's no secret that sports activities affect the student's learning success. A series of experiments were conducted, on the basis of which it was proved that with good physical development, the teenager learns the material is better than peers. All because training is carried out by the body's oxygen saturation, which, in turn, activates the brain.

You need a strong will for doing sports

You signed up for the gym, but after a month you started skipping classes, and finally you decided not to renew the subscription. Common situation? 'You just do not have enough willpower,' said relatives and friends. Maybe, but psychologists see other reasons for such contradictory relationships with sports. Doing sport for a non sportsman is not as easy as, let's say, writing an essay for a professional author. Of course, if you are not so good at writing, you need ideas to come up with some topics. Fortunately, nowadays there are various resources proposing samples with essay topics and the possibility to write your papers instead of you. But nobody will give you the will for sports and moreover no one will do your physical activity for you. Your keeping fit is in your hands.

Anyway every autumn we return to stadiums, athletic fields and fitness clubs, determined to maintain or regain good shape and lead a healthy lifestyle. And we are sure: everything is in our hands; we just need to make an effort. Alas, many of us have a good impulse to fade away in October. Are we not able to show willpower, even if we understand that classes are necessary? Such contradictory relationships with sports speak primarily about the wrong motivation.

If it is important to you how your body looks in the eyes of others, and you play sports rather achieve an external result, be it a change in weight or figure, then enthusiasm will quickly run out. Those who are focused on internal goals - health promotion, better health, it is easier to maintain. But the snag is that our understanding of the good is not enough for our psyche. In order to really get carried away with the chosen type of physical activity, be it running, aikido or gym classes, it is important to find in it what you like.

It is important to fall in love with sports in early age, so there is a strong need to give a good example to children and provide schools and universities with all the necessary equipment to make that possible. Modern physical education should inspire the generation of children to look after their body, inner health, mood and be active. Shaping sport is a technology that allows you to achieve the correct parameters of the body, taking into account the type of figure, health and physical fitness, which is also highly useful for students who are eager to look perfect.

Sport is fun

The perception of the world is formed mainly in the family during childhood, so it is a good idea to show children how important is to do sports. But how to make them interested? Morning exercise is very useful: it helps strengthen the muscular corset, has a positive effect on children's immunity, and also contributes to the harmonious development of the child. Every mother knows how useful daily sports exercises are, but, unfortunately, not everyone can get their fidget involved in the wellness process.

The best motivation for a child to do something is a parental example. Children are not interested in mentoring speeches, they are not persuaded to persuade, but being "like dad" or "like mom" is an extremely interesting task. And if the housewife's mom, who used to only cook and keep order, starts doing burpies, lunges and squat, the children will definitely join her.

It is easiest to teach kids to the sport through games. If dad or mom, who never allowed themselves anything extraordinary, suddenly begin to perform some kind of funny exercises, the children perceive it as a game - and they themselves are included in the process with pleasure. You can come up with funny names and rules for these games - and start every morning with a joint charge. Remember that the attention of parents is very important for children. Therefore, morning exercises for the baby is another way to feel the love and support of mom and dad, especially if at other times they can be very busy at work.

Of course, the easiest way to instill in the child a love for the sport, doing it with a child from early childhood. To restore the shape after giving birth, the mother will enjoy doing various exercises with the baby, "using" it as a burden. In a year and a half, when the crumb can sit confidently and even walk, exercise can be done with a certain game story or family ritual. And do not forget that for a child of any age the most powerful motivator is not a reward for the exercises, but a parental example, their desire for sport and an active lifestyle.

Sport helps you stay healthy

Very often students prefer to skip PE lessons in order to have more time for looking for interesting essay topics or essay themes, thinking that such lessons are unimportant. But it is easy to search for essay ideas in essay topic list which is available on various internet resources contrasting to sports lesson which is so important for growing body. Each of us wants to live a long and happy life while having good health. In order to get as close as possible to this goal, one must follow the rules of a healthy lifestyle.

But these small efforts, these "sacrifices" to make yourself go to the PE lesson, are needed only for the first time. Then, sports bring an absolutely extraordinary feeling of freshness and vigor. This feeling becomes simply necessary because the victory over our own laziness, over sports inactivity is perceived by us as a success, it causes positive feelings and emotions, tempers the will and enriches life. Perhaps sports are the basis for the emergence of the vital activity that occurs in people involved in sports. And in fact, people have begun to move less and less, which further leads to various changes that threaten not only the individual but the whole nation, all of humanity. But despite this, there is a way out of this situation - it is doing sports.

The main rule is regular physical exertion, which ensures the maintenance of the whole body in good shape, which allows avoiding illnesses and ailments and that is so easy and possible with regular student lessons. Sports are a guarantee of good health and longevity, as well as good mood, vigor and optimism. And the sooner you start training, the better. First, you need to choose the kind of sport that will bring you more pleasure because going to exhausting workouts that you don't like is not exactly what you need. Every school or university give their students the opportunity to choose which kind of sport they like the most, and a range of equipment available there makes it possible to enjoy that in full measure.

In sports, you can notice positive changes in your body: an increase in muscle strength, the appearance of flexibility, lightness, and increased elasticity of the joints. Acquisition of a good physical form is worthy merit for a man who won his laziness and insecurity and forever connected his life with sports. It is worth noting that a positive result from physical culture is reduced not only to health functions. Sports are the key to a great mood and increased vitality, and also provide an excellent basis for new achievements, fruitful work and successful life.

Choose the most pleasant for you

In adolescence, your whole body grows and develops, so first of all, pay attention to the general strengthening activities: running, swimming, dancing, fitness, etc. Think about what kind of sport you are more into your temperament. What lights you up?

For example, sanguine persons are usually active, and they have a good reaction; they are often attracted to activities that require skill and mobility: fencing, alpine skiing, volleyball and others. Phlegmatic, on the contrary, too thoughtful, but hardy. They are suitable for running or intellectual sports. Melancholic is not very exciting, they do not like the competitive moment, which means that dancing, yoga or equestrian sport is the best solution. Choleric is a bomb! They cannot sit still; Crossfit, fitness boxing, hip-hop and other active and energetic activities will please them. Think what suits you, then interest and excitement will not go anywhere! How cool it will be if sport becomes for you not just physical activity, but your favorite hobby!

If your goal is to get rid of excess weight, then cardiovascular and active sports will suit you: aerobics, volleyball, football, basketball, cycling, running, roller skating, skating, skiing, and so on. Or something new: Zumba (dance fitness), capoeira (a mixture of dance and martial art), interval training (when you alternate intensive and relaxing exercises). If you need to strengthen the muscles and put in shape individual parts of the body, then you are the perfect combination of strength and aerobic exercise: strength fitness workouts, dancing, sports acrobatics, tennis, Thai boxing. Quiet sports will help to improve your well-being and keep fit - yoga, Pilates, Nordic walking, climbing and even body ballet that will stretch your muscles and help you feel your body.

Alone or with someone?

By the way, do not necessarily engage in one. Do not be upset if you did not manage to persuade someone of your friends to do sports. Each sport is a separate culture, with its own rules and features, the range of interests and like-minded people. This is a great chance to make new friends and find friends by interests! And it is easier than it seems. To begin with, choose a team sport where activity is combined with communication, and a large group of people takes part in the process: volleyball, basketball or synchronized swimming.

Do not think that you need to be the best player in the team to fit into the team. You already have a common hobby - sport. And the very atmosphere of a team game, cohesion and rivalry with others very much brings together. Constant joint training, the movement towards a common goal and the joy of victory create a very strong emotional connection. You can find not only a partner for sports but also a real friend. Team sports are suitable for introverts - you can open up and relax, as among friends, and feel like full participants in the process. If you have chosen a more distinct sport, you may have to overcome shyness and leave the comfort zone. Do not be afraid to talk with a neighbor on a treadmill in the gym or park. What if this is your soulmate?

Some reasons to take up sports

• People who play sports regularly are usually in a better mood than those who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
  • There is a direct link between physical activity and human cognitive abilities: training is given easier by those who lead an active lifestyle.
  • Thanks to the positive effects on the physical condition of the body, sport improves and mental health.
  • Achieving good athletic performance enhances self-esteem.
  • Sports activities improve metabolic processes in the brain, contributing to its better functioning.
  • Sports help to distract from problems and reduce stress.
  • With a healthy approach to the sport, immunity is strengthened, and therefore, the mood and well-being improve.
  • In response to physical exertion, endorphins are produced in the body, so you feel better after a workout.
  • Regular exercise makes it easier to sleep and improve sleep quality.
  • The sport has a positive effect on memory and creativity.

Sport - is life. How true this expression is and not only in the part where we, by tempering and training our body, learn to be steadfast, courageous, able to withstand the challenges of fate. Sport is a great hobby with which you can not only feel healthy and cheerful but also make new acquaintances. A new passion and new people - this is a whole world of unexplored opportunities, both physical and personal. And do not forget - any sport requires persistence. Choose an activity to your liking, do not give up the initiative, and you will not even notice how you will cease to think your life without activity!