Being A Sorority Little Sister Vs. Being A Big Sister
Sororities

For The Sorority Little About To Become A Big, It's More Than Just A Title

Being your big has been one of my favorite and happiest experiences and memories so far at college.

514
Kristina Hughes

Little One,

Nothing could have made me happier than the day that you officially became my little, just one year ago. You have changed my life for the better in countless ways and I cannot thank you enough. Not only have you been my sister over the past year, but you have been one of my biggest supporters, a constant source of laughter and positivity, and overall, my best friend. I can only hope that I have been all of these things for you too. They say that your big is supposed to help guide you through the hectic times of college and sorority life, but often, I feel that you have done this for me. That alone is the main reason I know you will make an amazing big.

Now, it is the time for you to become someone's big, a role that I know you are more than capable of filling. Being someone's big is more than just a title. Yes, you are her big sister, but you are also her role model and hopefully her number one fan. You will be there for her during the good times and the bad times, from program acceptances and good grades to breakups and struggles. You'll send her cookies when she's had a tough day and you'll drive her to Cookout late at night to gossip and catch up over milkshakes. You'll go out with her, even to the frats you really don't like, just because it means spending more time with her. Sometimes, you'll forget you're her big, because she's your best friend.

I know the thought of becoming a big can be a little scary, but you are ready for it. You will make such an amazing difference in your little's life and her experience in ADPi and at JMU. Your g-big and I will always be here for you and your little, so please don't forget about us! We may be getting old and washed up, but we will always want a presence in your life.

There is nothing more exciting than the thought of adding a new member to our fam. If your little is anything like you, then I know these next two years will be more than memorable before I graduate. Be for her everything that I was for you, that Morgan was for me, and that Cara was for Morgan. It is remarkable how close a family of sisters of all ages can be, but we proved that last year when you joined our crazy fam.

So, it's finally time for you to pass on all the T-shirts, canvases, letters, and accessories to your little one. You're probably relieved to clear out your closet a bit, but just think about how thrilled she will be to fill her's up with everything from her baskets, even the ugly worn-out shirts. Think of how exciting this time was for you last year and enjoy every second of it. Being your big has been one of my favorite and happiest experiences and memories so far at college, and I hope that becoming a big will be the same for you. I can't wait to meet my g-lit and watch you grow into the best big this world has seen!