how to enjoy shopping

Shopping Has Made Its Way Into My Heart After I've Hated It For So Long

I would have never thought that I could begin to enjoy shopping until I realized this.

92

An interesting topic I wanted to write about this week is what most people love, shopping. I wanted to share my opinion on it for it has changed drastically throughout the years and I want to get to the bottom of why my thoughts/perceptions have changed!

When I was very little, I DREADED shopping for clothes with my mom. I hated the whole idea of watching her pick out clothes, getting lost every ten minutes, and doing lots of standing.

And when I didn't think it was going to get worse- it did. My mom started wanting ME to try on clothes. This was the worst of all. I did not like trying on new clothes, changing in front of her (even though she birthed me), or the exhaustion of it all. This wasn't fun to me nor did I have a desire to "shop till I drop," and let me tell you- by the end of each day my mom took me out with her I certainly dropped.

Getting into the teenage years, it only got worse from there. I began to realize that I was insecure and that I've always been insecure deep down without even knowing it. It was second nature to me of not liking to try on new clothes because I hated seeing my body in the mirror! It all made sense.

I then began to see all of my friends enjoying this activity we call shopping. I felt left out because I could not see why they liked it so much and what made it so interesting. I wanted to join in on the fun, so I faced my "disliking" if you will and decided to start picking out new styles to try all by myself and see what I could get out of it.

I FINALLY began to enjoy it. I started finding clothes that I liked on me and it became addicting. I fell in love with shopping and all I needed was that little push to get out of my comfort zone. I also needed that wake up call to realize that my body will never be perfect, but I need to be satisfied with myself, and this took a lot of mental training; and guess what, it all worked out.

I LOVE shopping now and I cannot get enough of it. It reminds me of what I have overcome with myself and for that I am proud! It takes a lot to get over that hump of insecurity and don't get me wrong, I still have some of it left in me- but don't we all. It just feels so good to become more and more confident in yourself.

Shopping has definitely made its way into my heart and I didn't think that SHOPPING out of all activities would take such a toll on me. I didn't think that I could learn this much about myself as a child from shopping either. Odd right?

I wanted to share this just because we all have barriers that we face everyday and we don't realize what exactly is holding us back from facing them until we take action on ourselves.

Let me know what you have in mind, because I am curious to hear your thoughts. Have a great week and WRECK EM TEXAS TECH (as usual)!