Senior Year Winter Break Is The Actual Worst

The only thing anyone wants to know is what your plans are for after graduation *sigh*

80
https://www.facebook.com/olemiss/photos/pcb.10156293149663285/10156293142388285/?type=3&theater

Winter break is by far the best part of an Ole Miss student's year. Football season is great, and who doesn't love a good spring break, but it's hard to beat our six-week-long break from classes that not many other schools get to boast. Ever since freshman year, I have loved nothing more than finishing finals and coming back to my hometown to enjoy some Christmas fun before having to go back to the reality of the spring semester.

What's up with senior year then?

It seems that while I'm home this year, all I can think about is the nightmare that is my upcoming graduation. Of course, finishing college is an exciting accomplishment that I do look forward to, and I'm by no means ready to take a fifth year of classes, but I can't help but already feel emotional about this time of year.

Here's the truth about senior year's winter break: this is the last time the holidays are probably going to be exactly like you've always remembered them. After graduation, you may move back home or super close to home, but there will never be a big break from your responsibilities where you can just fully enjoy your time with family and friends. After this year, you may have to travel on Christmas Eve to spend 48 hours with your parents before having to fly straight back for work. Things will just never be the same.

With that being said, maybe this winter break can actually be the best. It's a reminder to hug your parents extra tight and go out on that adventure with your hometown friends. Kiss your dog and remember how wonderful all the winter breaks up to now have been.

But don't forget to give all your friends at school you miss some good holiday love too.