Scientists Discover Proof Of The Unicorn's Existence

Sure it's not as pretty, but it was there!

2342
Metro Vaartha

Recently I was scrolling through eons of ridiculous articles on politicians, celebrities, and various world crises when I came across an article of true worth: proof of a unicorn’s very existence.

Dare I say, I’ve never been more excited in my life.

We’re always waiting on these sort of happenings to occur, for scientists to uncover the fossilized body of a mermaid or for evidence of Bigfoot’s presence to finally surface. Naturally, I had to look more into this, as there is always a catch.

It is true, that the Siberian unicorn or Elasmotherium sibiricum existed on our own Earth many, many years ago. However, it's rather majestic reputation is a myth; the Siberian unicorn was covered in hair reminiscent of a mammoth and it's notoriously sleek lean body more so resembled that of a rhinoceros’. However, the mighty ethereal horn remains! ScienceAlert described it as “a fuzzy rhinoceros with one long, slender horn protruding from its face.” Even with its brawny stature, it most likely only consumed grasses. Still cute, I’d think!

Up until now, scientists believed the Siberian unicorn had not walked this Earth in 350,000 years. A recent discovery of a unicorn’s fossilized skull proved that, somehow, the unicorn was still around only 29,000 years ago. What makes it so magical is that this singular unicorn had somehow outlasted the rest of its species, which supposedly died out hundreds of thousands of years earlier. Scientists are still looking into logical reasoning behind this, but we all know it’s because unicorns are simply magical.

What I propose, most indecently, is that we use the DNA of the Siberian unicorn to breed with that of a horse. After many generations, we will have ourselves a pretty modest unicorn. Of course, this idea proves that I am no scientist.

You can read more about the ancient furry unicorn at U.S. News and ScienceAlert as well as the American Journal of Applied Science for a much more in-depth analysis.