5 Easy Ways To Save Money As You Shop Your Way Through Quarantine

Who doesn't love free, easy ways to save money when shopping?

17

Let's face it, there isn't a lot to do nowadays for those who just stay inside. What else is there to do? Shopping, of course! But let's no one likes to pay full price for your purchases. No worries, there are ways around that. There are tools out there to help you get a discounted price or at least make money every time you go online shopping.

Rakuten (Ebates)

This is the easiest way to earn money back. All you have to do is create an account. Then when you go shopping online, you can earn up to 2% back. That is real money. It's an easy way to earn a few bucks and they'll send it to you either in the mail or it can transfer to your PayPal account. There is no reason not to sign up. It truly sounds too good to be true, but this site is legitimate.

Join Honey

This is another site that easily finds promo codes for you. They make sure that you are getting the best price for the items you are purchasing. Once again, all you have to do is create an account. When you go shopping, make sure to check Honey first before you check out. They can find codes out there for you that you didn't know existed. No tricks here. It's a free site to use. Once again it seems too good to be true, but it works.

Vipon

This one is strictly for Amazon. Let's say you want to buy a pair of sneakers. If you search vipon for sneakers, they will show you every pair of sneakers on Amazon that is on sale or they will provide you with a promo code that will save you so much cash. I went shopping for a shoe rack and Vipon showed me one that was originally $58.99 but with their promo code, the shoe rack was only $17.70. Now that is a bargain! So the next time you know you need to purchase something, check Vipon to see if there are any big deals on it. Your wallet will thank you later.

Swagbucks

Now this app is a little more complex and more time consuming, but still works. You can earn cash or gift cards for places like Amazon, Walmart and Target just by filling out surveys. When you fill out surveys, you earn points. If you earn enough points, you can turn that into cash or a gift card. The only concern here is that you have to earn a lot of points to earn any money. 300 points only can earn you a $3 Amazon gift card, but a save is a save. Plus, you're earning money for free. If you have the time to sit down and answer surveys for a while, then this app is for you. Just beware that you don't give the surveys information that you don't want to be known.

Sign up for text/email alerts

Depending on the store or website, they will give you exclusive deals or promo codes just for signing up. If you get annoyed by the texts and emails, you can always opt out. It's always worth a shot.

The next time you need to go shopping online, don't just shop and order. Look for ways to save your money. There's no better feeling in the world than knowing you saved money and didn't pay full price. Happy quarantine shopping!