Resolutions to Better Yourself

14 Things I'm Going To Start To Make My Year Worth While

Every year has been about how to make myself better for others, this is more about living for myself.

27
Personal Photo

Another year has gone as another begins and as expected, everyone always comes up with what we all call "New Year's Resolutions." Most of them are usually the same, losing weight, exercising more, and them being a better person. All of which never really lasts that long, normally a month or two if they are lucky. A lot of the time people forget or they lose motivation.

I am also among those who try and make resolutions for the upcoming year. I am also among those who never really last that long. I tend to forget most of the time. However, I tend to make this year different for me. 2018 was full of a lot of change and most of it was without me realizing what was happening until after.

With that change, it has brought me closer to friends, family, my boyfriend, his friends, and family. It also parted me from people who I didn't know I no longer needed. 2018 was fun, but this year I want it to be more about finding myself and being okay with living more for who I want to be. 2019 will be my year!

After thinking about it for a while, along with some help from close friends, I have come up with a great list of my "New Year's Resolutions"...

Growing more as a person

Take better care of myself. Live more for myself to discover more about who I am.

Growing stronger friendships

Continue to grow with my close friends and enjoy time together. Hang out more rather than just saying we will.

Build better & stronger relationships with my family

Get closer to all of my family. Continue to talk and get to know my brother, now that we have found each other.

Kicking ass at school

Be more motivated when it comes to school. Don't be afraid to ask for help when I need it.

Continue doing the things I love

Weather it be dancing, coloring, writing, or just simply watching my favorite show or movie. I want to do more of it and with friends who want to tag along.

Write more often 

Write more articles. Also write more for myself in my personal journal about what I go through for memories.

Color more

I always say I will color, but at the end of the day I never do. I love to color and I want to get back into it.

Dance more

Continue to go to Mishnock Barn whenever I can. I also plan on going to more line dancing events this year.

Build my confidence up

I shouldn't be afraid to be who I am. I plan on dancing when I hear music and continue to be weird every chance I get.

Helping out those who need it most

I have always enjoyed helping others, last year I got a little taste while at Camp to Belong. I'm thankful for the experience and hope to continue this year.

Live in the moment

I love spending time with those I love, in today's society it's hard with everyone on their phones. I plan on being present when I'm with my friends.

Being more positive

No one needs negativity in today's world. there's enough of that on social media, I plan on being more positive about what happens around me. Everything happens for a reason right?

Take more pictures 

I want to take more pictures, selfies or not, when I'm being with friends. It helps us remember what we were doing and gives us a chance to be weird and laugh about it later.

Travel again

Last year I went to Ohio with friends. Who knows maybe we'll go somewhere else maybe not, but it's nice to dream.

Everyone is different and everyone's list will be about who they are and who they want to be as a person. It's all about growing as a person. Its what you want to do and no one can take that from you.