9 Things From The 'Mamma Mia' Sequel We Need To Talk About

Warning: major spoilers coming your way, do not read it if you have not watched it and do not want me to ruin it for you.

17

1. THEY KILLED DONNA and I can't get over it.

When Sophie mentioned how "mom would have loved to see this", that line felt like a dagger through the heart. How could they do that? She was the star of the show and was an amazing character! How could the producers be so cruel to us? After waiting for 10 years, this is what we get?!

2. Cinderella as young Donna

She slayed the role though; her charisma, her talent, her voice, basically all I could say was she was born for this role.

3. Young Harry needs new clothes.

wattpad

And a whole new wardrobe while at it. Awkward but still cute :)

4. Alexio and Apollonia

The couple that randomly appeared in the first place but gain all our love and support afterwards. You will do whatever it takes to be with the one you love even if it is just jumping into the ocean to reunite with her. I wonder what happens after they go to shore though because Apollonia's parents are still there and they are NOT happy with their daughter suddenly jumping to the ocean to proclaim her love right before her marriage.

5. THE ICONIC 'MAMMA MIA' SCENE

Youtube

When Donna opened her mouth and sang "I was cheated by you", my inner fangirl was squealing.

6. We finally know how Sam's heart was broken.

FanFest

I remember how in the original movie, Sam explained how he came back to see Donna only to find out she had left. Now this time, we get to see the details of how he really came back, only to be given the harsh truth by that lady whose son owns the bar. We also get to find out that the guy Donna left with was Bill. But at least, Sam did marry Donna in the end.

7. Incoming storm?

PopSugar

I remember these two scenes warning about storms. The first one is where Bill had warned Donna about an incoming storm after he dropped her off at the island, the next one was when Senor Cienfuegos mentioned to Sophie about a storm is coming right before the opening ceremony for the hotel. Now the one thing I really want to know is, how do they know about an incoming storm? Does the air get more humid? A odd and weird question that popped into my mind while watching the movie.

8. The Meryl Streep's Scene

Vox

I should have known this was coming seeing how her name was still in the credits but still I was caught way off guard. Tears came streaming down my eyes when this scene was shown. My heart can't handle this anymore but it was definitely heart-warming.

9. The End Credits Scene - Super Trouper!

Now, I thought the movie would already end when Donna appeared and did the whole 'I'm moving on to heaven' scene. I was already a crying mess at this point. Then, I was dropped with the biggest bomb ever where all the characters including their younger counterparts and current selves appeared for one last song. I'm still really glad they chose Super Trouper for their end credits song and seeing all the characters singing together.

We finally get to know the backstory of how Sophie had 3 possible dads but still, this whole drama could have easily been settled if they took the DNA tests. However, my 10-year-old self is satisfied with this closure that they have given to their fans for this epic film whose legacy had started 10 years ago.

The next big question is will "Mamma Mia 3: My My, How Can I Resist You?" be a thing?