Two Protective Hairstyles Worth The Time & Money

Take your dollars & make them worth it!

239

Ladies have you ever had that week where you did not want to deal with doing your hair. I will be very real here, I am wrapped up in melanin magic and I love my makeup. And I love my hair but I also love love love my lazy girl dayz lounging in sweat pants and my head scarf and oh what a lovely day that is! So may I propose two protective hairstyles worth the time and money for all if my lazy hair babes that love their hair but also love their sporty side!

Faux Locs

So first let me share that my hesitancy with asking about this style for myself. I was at work one day speaking with a couple of girls about hair and what I had planned to do with my own hair. The talk was great as we were getting into hair and color and cutting and keeping our hair short during the summer. Well does anyone? My natural hair ladies know this hairstyle is one I have fallen in love with for the longest time. I was always a little unsure about faux locs because everyone had different versions from short to long to straight Locs with a curly end that I love.

The most exotic style that I love today faux Locs come in different colors allowing you to add accessories like shells and feathers. This style has stuck since the day I had seen one of the trainers at my place of employment. I pushed myself to pop the question "hey who did your hair?" And it was history since saving me a lot of time and with kids and baby pup you know its a lot!

The install is usually around $55-100 overall maybe $200 depending on your hair. They typically stay up for a good 30 days. Stay sexy and save time and try this style I promise it won't disappoint.

Box Braids

Box braids are a wonderful way to protect your hair in both the winter and summer. This protective style reminds me of Poetic Justice, I love the natural look of the braids that give light into the beauty of ourselves. From music to the movie screen and many others to this day know how to rock box braids.

Now many these may come more expensive for install which may be anywhere from $100-200 and may take up to 8hrs to install depending on the thickness of your hair. Perfect for your summer workout or when you just wanna get up and go before work and not deal with the struggle. Next time you're thinking, pondering, wondering on what to do with your hair try one of these styles they are sure to satisfy.